We are looking for an energetic & highly motivated Release Manager to join our growing team.
- Plan release windows & cycles across a portfolio of products
- Establish standardized release process with adequate checks & balances in order to minimize release regression affects
- Understand Salesforce platform dependencies & assess potential impacts from code changes
- Negotiate, plan & manage all release activities
- Provide release coordination & communication before, during & after deployments
- Execute business process review meetings & discovery sessions with clients
- Manage risks & resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule & quality
- Measure & monitor test execution to ensure application releases are delivered on time & that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content & effort based on product backlog, pending changes, bug fixes, or platform updates
- Lead execution of deployment activities including code promotion, functionality verification & checklist mgmt.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, & changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, & scope changes
- Ensure all release related tickets are documented
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Develop scripts & automation tools used to build, integrate, & deploy software releases to various platforms
- Work with track architects & developers to understand impacts of branches & code merges
- Manage relationships & coordinate work between different teams at different locations including offshore
- Research new software development, configuration management methodologies & products, analyze their application to current configuration management needs
- Assist in development of products & processes on the Force.com platform
- Setup, configure & optimize the Salesforce solution remotely & at client locations
- Plan & execute rollback processes as needed
- Maintain a release repository & manage key information assets relate to build including release procedures, dependencies, & notification lists
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of demonstrated real world experience in Release Engineering, & automation best practices
- Experience managing high performing teams.
- Experience working with Agile focused engineering teams & leveraging Agile tools in order to accomplish Release Transformation Engineering goals.
- Strong problem-solving skills & the ability to partner with Product Owners, Software Application engineers, Release Engineers, & other engineers across an organization.
- Excellent facilitation, organization & collaboration skills.
- Experience in driving release process improvements & release automation.
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence & negotiate.
- Experience with collaborations tools such as JIRA, Confluence, & Slack for release execution activities
- Exposure with automation efforts in several aspects of software development; for example: automating build processes upon code check-in, automating deployments, & configuring an artifacts repository
- Experience working with Salesforce Change Sets
- Should have strong understanding of deployments using Force.com migration tools (Salesforce Tools IDE, Github, & Version Control).
- Experience with automated promotion of Salesforce platform code changes
- Experience with various code repositories such as TFS, Subversion, Install Shield, Jenkins, TFS Team Build, Bitbucket
- Experience working with technology & implementations for one or more of the following enterprise IT application platforms: Salesforce, Mulesoft, Boomi, Snowflake,Heroku, & Node.JS.
- Experience designing, creating, implementing new solutions within SFDC.
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- Two+ years of development experience with Salesforce, Java, .Net, or JSP/ASP
- BA in Computer Science or related field
- Must be able to Facilitate release activities across SFDC development & Admin teams, ensuring high level of quality & precise deployments.