We are looking for an experienced attorney with strong business acumen, who can serve as a strategic partner across various teams at Enigma. As Director of Legal, you will be working closely with our Leadership, Business Development & Product teams on multiple critical functions - from drafting & executing commercial agreements, to helping oversee corporate governance, information security & data privacy, to managing legal affairs pertaining to our employees & board members. Furthermore, you will oversee & manage relationships with our outside legal counsel & our external information security resources.
Enigma is a fast-growing company & 2021 is going to be a big year. You will play a critical role in helping guide our leadership teams decisions related to various complex business & legal matters, & will be instrumental in helping us realize substantial growth in our business.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Liaise closely with Enigmas Business Development & Product teams to draft & execute commercial contracts with our clients, business partners & vendors (e.g., NDAs, MSAs, SOWs, Terms of Service, license agreements, partnership agreements)
- Oversee & manage relationships with outside legal counsel for complex legal matters
- Partner with our HR Director to oversee execution of employee agreements (e.g., employment, termination, incentive compensation), matters involving immigration, compliance with various local labor laws & internal employee policies, & resolution of employee disputes, among other matters
- Oversee relationship with our external information security resource & manage various initiatives, including customer information security audits & annual SOC 2 assessment
- Provide legal advice on business strategy & product development (e.g., in consideration of third-party terms of service & IP restrictions)
- Liaise closely with the CEO & Finance & Operations Director to oversee board & shareholder matters, & assist with management of cap table & various corporate governance & formation documents
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- 3+ years of legal practice; commercial contracting & IP experience strongly preferred in technology & software
- 5+ years total work experience, ideally with some background in consulting, tech and/or finance
- Creative problem-solving & negotiation skills with the ability to tackle business goals while ensuring legal compliance
- Strong project & time management skills to oversee time-sensitive matters
- Admitted to practice law & in good standing in New York
At Enigma, were building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public & third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow & thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through datatogether. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!