- Observe all company policies, rules & safety practices
- Provide support to lab personnel by completing basic machine repair requests, tooling changes, adding chemicals & part changes on designated equipment
- Perform regular preventative maintenance work on designated equipment
- Perform general repairs & preventative maintenance on the facilities & grounds including rooftop area
- Troubleshoot basic electrical problems with equipment
- Troubleshoot basic mechanical problems with equipment
- Communicate equipment status to production personnel, coworkers & management
- Actively pursue & learn the technology & functionality of the production equipment & processes
- Log & maintain equipment performance data
- Assist in maintaining Material Safety Data sheets for chemicals used
- Perform basic plumbing tasks including soldering & pipe fitting
- Perform basic metal fabrication & welding
- Use a wide variety of hand & power tools in performing machine, building & grounds maintenance
- Perform daily, weekly & monthly lab safety checks to determine if anything does not meet requirements
- Actively participate in department & lab, safety & employee committee meetings
- Maintain a clean & organized work environment including assigned tool box & workshop
- Frequently lift & move up to 15 lbs above shoulder height, 30 lbs to shoulder height & 50 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Frequently required to stoop, climb (ladders up to 20 high), kneel, or balance on ladders, platforms & slippery surfaces.
- Coordinated use of hands & fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, & bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & the ability to adjust focus.