The Growth team at Vimeo sits at the intersection of product, marketing, & data -- exploring opportunities to grow our user base & revenue across the product. The teams challenge is to identify the highest impact ideas & turn them into compelling customer experiences that grow the business.
Vimeos Growth team needs a pragmatic, tenacious design leader with a strong bias for action. Someone who loves data, is passionate about users, & thrives at iterating & generating strong hypothesis-driven ideas & designs!
What youll do:
- Partner with leaders in the growth team to drive the design direction & process for enabling a dynamic collaboration among design, product, engineering, data, & marketing.
- Build, lead, & inspire a team of growth product designers focused on bringing an experimentation based approach to design & unlocking growth throughout the business & products.
- Create high impact design frameworks & repeatable patterns that can be used by product designers within the growth team & across other teams to accelerate adoption & testing of proven best practices & learnings in key user experiences.
- Lead design sprints & design workshops that engage the cross functional team of engineers, analysts, marketers, & product managers.
- Advocate & champion for user research within the growth team, leading by example conducting your own user interviews & online usability testing.
- Design data-driven, user-centric experiences that support key Growth metrics & Vimeos product vision
- Work across functions with product managers, data analysts & engineers of all levels to understand problem spaces & develop hypotheses to test, learn & iterate
- Directly engage with users & translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, & prior experiment results into informed design decisions & new ideas
- Design from the concept phase all the way to release & beyond, creating high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, & prototypes
- Execute simple & beautiful designs at a rapid cadence while balancing multiple projects/experiments at once
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Experience managing & mentoring other product designers
- Strong familiarity with industry standard UX best practices
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you are detail-oriented & have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma/Sketch & modern prototyping tools
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision through verbal & written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Ability to be autonomous - you take initiative & ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners & other designers, seeking & providing feedback with a positive sense of curiosity!
- Portfolio or samples of responsive web & native product design work driven by quantitative & qualitative user research
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Prior experience in a Growth role
- Familiarity with growth best practices
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.