Buzzfeed is looking for a senior corporate & commercial transactions attorney to join our legal team in NYC.You will report directly tothe General Counsel & manage a team providing transactional legal support & advice to our teams throughout the organization. You are a legal expert who evaluates all matters in a way that honors business imperatives while mitigating risk, & who is experienced at creating creative solutions to seemingly intractable problems or issues.
- Manage the corporate & commercial transactions team, which consists of both legal & administrative staff
- Draft, review, & negotiate commercial agreements for internal client groups including Ad Sales, Commerce, Content Development, News, Research, Information Technology, Finance & Operations
- Interpret andprovide adviceandnegotiationsupport to internal clients regarding contractual provisions, compliance & risk mitigation & assessment. Provide direct support to the General Counsel in connection with corporate transactions & governance-related matters
- Manage relationships with outside counsel
- Develop & modifyform agreements for use by internal client groups.
- Remain current on legal & business developments relevant to the digital media & entertainment & technology industries, both nationally & internationally
- Juris Doctor degree (J.D.) from an accredited law school
- Qualified to practice law in New York.
- Ten (10)+ years post-JD experience, preferably both in top-tier law firms & as in-house counsel in a company within the media & entertainment industry.
- Negotiationexperience (inparticular, the ability to lead negotiations with a multiplicity of parts), as well asanalyticalandorganizational skills
- Refined & well-practiced drafting skills (inparticular, the ability to develop creative solutions in areas with evolving legal guidance)
- Experience managing administrative staff & other attorneys
- Experience drafting andnegotiatinga broad variety of corporate transactional documents & commercial contracts including:
- advertising & marketing agreements (including agreements with advertising technology providers & exchanges)
- content, data & distribution arrangements across all media platforms & devices
- development & production-related agreements
- trademark licensing agreements
- software/technology licensing & development agreements (including SaaS & PaaS)
- IT agreements
- sourcing/procurement/vendor contracts
- real estate leases & related agreements
- acquisition & sale agreements
- certificates of incorporation
- stockholders agreements
- financing document
- Prior experience leading projects & processing a large volume of matters in afast-paced environment,multi-taskunder pressureandabilityto work independentlywith limited oversight.
- Ability to creatively accomplish organization goals while managing legal risk
- Collaborative,positiveand team-oriented
- Comfortable working with all levels of business professionals, including senior management & domestic & international colleagues at other departments.
- Proficiency with: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) & Internet research
- Please submit resume along with cover letter on why you are a good fit for the open Associate General Counsel position at BuzzFeed.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.