Walmart has a fast growing & dynamic business committed to constantly meeting the assortment needs of customers. The Walmart.com Grocery team is looking for high performing individuals who can lead, collaborate, & thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate & foster innovative thinking, learn & use the latest tools & technology to analyze data & insights at scale & above all else, think every day about how best to meet the needs of our customers.
The Category Specialist Lead role requires the skill set of category management, thinking holistically across all e-commerce & store levers including marketing, merchandising & technology. The Category Specialist Lead will be responsible for managing vendors' financial & operational goals, measuring performance metrics, & building strong internal & external relationships. Responsibilities will also include managing a robust P&L, making channel & assortment decisions, & helping lead the Pantry - Condiments Team.
Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, & have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring working knowledge & coordination with merchandising, marketing, operations, finance, & technical teams. Candidates should also understand how to use technology to help drive future enhancements & define requirements for the technology platform to meet business needs. This is an ideal role for a candidate who loves partner management & is interested in driving significant financial growth.
- Own & drive Pantry - Condiments annual GMV & CP plans
- Create & manage annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs) for specific categories
- Actively work with vendors to improve customer experience of their items sold on Walmart
- Partner with technical support team to resolve any account technical issues
- Align with multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Train Category Specialists on how to manage business needs
- Models compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity
- 2.5 - 5 years of related work experience
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Must be able to travel to for partner visits & tradeshows as necessary
- Excellent leadership & interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision & motivate people at every level within Wal-Mart & partner organizations; cooperative working style
- Strong ecommerce knowledge base
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Passion for serving customers & understanding their needs
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, & a virtual team
- Good project management skills
- Detail-oriented & strong follow-through
- Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude - Self Starter