Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As a Restaurant Development Account Executive for Project By Slice, you will be responsible for getting existing Slice merchants bought into the vision of By Slice & bringing on new pizzerias for the program. We are looking for someone with strong organizational abilities, relationship building skills, & a passion for managing the details. You should thrive in an ever-changing startup environment & be willing to contribute wherever necessary as plans & priorities change. You will report to the GM, Project By Slice.
What you'll do:
- Must be able to travel within your territory meeting shops 4-5 days a week.
- Sell the By Slice offering to local pizza shops currently on the Slice platform in your territory to help accelerate their business!
- Be the face of Project By Slice for existing Slice partners learning about By Slice for the first time.
- Do whatever it takes to win merchants over & support them in their growth; this means physically being in the shop,rolling out new offerings, implementing best practices, or doing whatever else is needed.
- Provide feedback & new recommendations to the By Slice team & Slice leadership based on gathering insights from restaurants, as well as learnings & requests from restaurants
- Master the By Slice sales cycle - from lead generation to closure to forging a successful partnership
- Close new business consistently above quota via inbound & outbound opportunity creation
- Build relationships with prospects & stakeholders to grow new business
- Maintain & manage your book of business to ensure your portfolio of restaurants are set up for success & achieving outsized growth & operational efficiencies.
- Assist the account management & By Slice teams in ensuring successful onboarding & retention onto Project By Slice over the initial months of the merchants partnership.
- Sell new/additional services to the existing network when new features & offerings are rolled out across the business
- Contribute a play to win mentality to the team, & come in every day with a positive attitude.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years in sales or account management ideally focused on SMBs
- Restaurant experience preferred
- Proficient in Google Docs & Excel
- High-energy & fearless - youll do whatever it takes to win
- Excellent listener, assertive, persistent, & persuasive
- Track record of meeting & exceeding goals
- Self-starter & self-motivator
- Coachable & welcomes feedback for continuous self-improvement
- Willingness to move quickly & adjust with all the nuances of a startup culture
- Collaborative & flexible attitude & ability to handle shifting priorities
- Stellar time management skills with the ability to recognize & focus on high priority tasks
- Strong can do attitude
- A valid driver's license & vehicle for travel
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.