Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about sharing our message.
As part of our global team, youll be the primary contact for all strategic customer communications. Youll partner closely with our product, engineering, security & support teams to help develop customer-facing communications for any product or account related issues. Youll also develop scalable processes & frameworks to establish best practices for our customer-facing teams. This role requires experience in the cloud/SaaS space & working with technical teams. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer & strategist who can work under pressure to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Product Related Comms: Work with the product, engineering, support & security teams to craft communications regarding customer-impacting product updates, incidents & maintenance. This includes status page updates, social & email communications.
- Strategic Customer Communications: Partner with key stakeholders from across the organization to help communicate significant external events to impacted customers. Work with external comms team on crisis management across social & support.
- Communications Enablement: Develop clear processes, frameworks, training & templates to better enable our customer-facing teams so they can more clearly communicate with customers & deliver updates in an informative & empathetic manner.
- Work across multiple teams: From product & engineering to social & support, youll be a key resource for all communications activity across the organization.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Customer communications experience
- Experience working in technology with the ability to engage with software developers
- Detail-oriented & extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with ability to explain complicated concepts in clear & concise terms
- Should be a self-starter - highly self motivated & entrepreneurial
- Flexibility in regards to work schedule
- Passion for technology & solid knowledge of enterprise IT requirements & cloud offerings available in the market
- Experience with high pressure environments & occasional short turnaround times
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!