TheSeniorSystemsEngineerwill serve as part of adynamicteam of engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, & who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization,and security.Duties willbe broad andspanbothon-prem & cloud infrastructure.This individual possessesastrongbackground in IT, computer systems engineering,and/or systems engineering & analysis.
Key job responsibilities may include:
- Collaborateswith various teams across the business to define infrastructureand network needs & requirements
- Evaluates & provides recommendations of specific infrastructure technology products,platforms,and designsthat meet business & technology requirements
- Monitors industry trends & makes recommendationsfor modernizationthatmeetevolving infrastructure needs
- Implements, maintains, & supports on-prem & cloud infrastructure including software & hardware (physical or virtual)
- Leverages tooling andsystematic approachesto monitor the operational status of infrastructure systems; proactively optimizes & tunes performance as appropriate
- Assistsin root cause analysis, support, & post-mortem analysis forproductionincidents & service interruptions
- Demonstratesexcellence in engineering withsystemmanagement, documentation,and implementation habits; role model for others
- Provides technical leadership,guidance, training & direction tootherteam members
- Participates in project planning & management across multiple efforts
- Provide24x7 operational supporton a rotating on-call basis
- You have a Bachelo'rs Degree in Computer SciencerelatedEngineeringfieldAND/ORequivalent experience; you typically have at least7yearsof relevant technical experience.
- You have demonstrableexperiencedesigning,installing, configuring,and troubleshootingcomplex infrastructureenvironments.
- You have advance experience in Unix/Linux & Windows Server operating systems
- You preferably have cloud experienceis desirable, preferably in AWSand/or Azure
- You have advanceknowledge andexperience with virtualization andSAN technologies (e.g., VMware,NetApp, fiber switches, etc.)
- You have advance knowledge andexperience indesigning,implementing & managing Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD,and Office 365
- You preferably have experienceinbackup technologies (e.g.,CommVault)
- You have strong networking (OSI network layers, TCP/IP), firewall, & load balancer knowledge
- You have competency in writing & maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency & lower downtime
- You have excellent analytical, decision-making andproblem-solvingskills
- You have excellent communication (written & verbal) withthe abilityto write in clear, concise & organized manner with accuracy
- You have proven ability to work in a rapidly changingenvironmentwith keen attention to detail