Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local there are millions of independent retailers around the world doing trillions of dollars in revenue. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, & machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 100,000 brands & local retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools & insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box & ecommerce giants. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. Our Customer Support Team loves helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams. We work directly with our brand & retailer partners to manage everyday experiences & ultimately, make their businesses successful!
About this role
Our Customer Support Team is instrumental to the success of Faire & our customers. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the founding team for Faire Europe. You will be directly shaping the way we think about & provide support to our European customers, as well as the foundation for an incredible team culture.
As we grow the team, we will need a self-starter who can ramp quickly & manage a high-volume of customer inquiries. Not only will you be assisting our customers via email, youll also help us build country-specific resources (internal & customer-facing), & work closely with our product development & operations teams to surface issues or advise on feature requests & updates. You communicate in a friendly & empathetic way. You are a pro at prioritizing. You are hungry & proactive. Above all, you will be critical during this foundational stage of the company, & instrumental in creating a lasting, positive impression for both our retailer & brand partners.
This job is located in London. While we are currently remote due to Covid-19, we are seeking candidates who are based in London or who are willing to relocate upon our eventual return to the office (timing to be determined).
What you'll do
- Make it your mission to foster exceptional customer experiences across the marketplace
- Serve as the front line, go-to resource for customer questions & platform issues
- Support our brand partners with seamless order processing & fulfillment
- Support our retailer partners with successful product curation for their store locations
- Stay on top of internal policies & Faire product offerings in a rapidly changing environment
- Take ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, & escalate when necessary
- Work cross-functionally with with our product & operations teams to surface issues & advise on product features/updates
- Build international-specific resources, such as macros, help center articles, FAQs, etc
- Understand business metrics to measure your personal & team contribution to Faires mission
- 2-4 years of Customer Support, Sales, Account management or related experience
- Flexible with working schedule to accommodate business needs during peak season (e.g. some overtime or occasional holidays)
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, as we currently support through a variety of mediums including (but not limited to) phone, email, & chat
- Empathetic & understanding to our customers unique experiences. You must be passionate about delighting our customers every single day!
- Ruthlessly organized, disciplined, & comfortable managing competing priorities with care
- Confident adapting to rapid change in a metrics-based & performance-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task; this role will involve navigating & diagnosing website experiences while maintaining focus on the customer & their immediate needs
- Ability to quickly pick up a variety of software applications with ease. Experience with Zendesk or multi-line phone systems would be a bonus!
Why youll love working at Faire:
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling & our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech & machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology & data to connect brands & boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious & resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done & come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity & data in our decision making & reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product & engineering leads from Square. Were backed by some of the top investors in retail & tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, & DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, & Salt Lake City. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire & our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.