KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Senior HSE Technician
Katerra is currently seeking a Construction Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) Technician to join our team to support our growing business, ensure the safety & health of our employees, protect the environment, & to support our mission.
The HSE Senior Technician is responsible for developing & implementing construction safety programs, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, standards & requirements, implementing key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as verifying & validating that HSE programs are being effectively implemented across the construction organization.
The HSE Senior Technician is expected to establish & promote a proactive safety environment & culture by setting the example, providing proactive coaching/mentoring, & helping our construction organization achieve HSE success.The HSE Senior Technician will report to the HSE Lead with a dotted line to Construction organization. This role will be traveling to job sites ~50% of the time mainly in their region but may be asked to support other projects across the country, as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the safety & well-being of all employees & visitors at project(s).
- Leads by example.
- Establishes a proactive safety environment & culture.
- Provides leadership to construction organization, regarding HSE strategies, objectives, & compliance.
- Works closely with other HSE members & construction organization, regarding all project HSE items.
- Implements documents, programs, systems, procedures, & tools needed to execute HSE efficiently & effectively on the project(s).
- Proactively assists the HSE team with implementation of HSE regulations, standards, & expectations.
- Conducts daily, weekly, & monthly audits at the project(s).
- Assist project teams with site orientation & executes HSE training as required.
- Assist with toolbox talks & safety meetings.
- Ensures a clean & orderly jobsite.
- Coaches team members in the field to ensure safe practices & behaviors.
- Ensures team members are conducting daily checklists for equipment, etc.
- Conducts monthly fire extinguisher & weekly eye wash inspections.
- Ensures each projects first aid kits are up to standards.
- Executes training as required.
- Helps drive solution resolution of HSE activities & improvement opportunities.
- Communicates trends to project(s).
- Works collaboratively with existing HSE & Construction team members.
- Verifies & validates HSE program effectiveness, improve as needed.
- Drives solution resolution of HSE activities & improvement opportunities.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, such as safety, environmental, industrial hygiene, fire protection, science, or engineering or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- 5+ years of construction HSE experience is required.
- Residential construction experience preferred.
- Experience working with government regulators & a thorough knowledge of federal, state, & local government HSE regulations (e.g., OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, EPA, DOT).
- Experience implementing HSE management systems & behavior-based programs.
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs safely & create a culture of safety.
- Strong analytical skills including systematic root cause & risk analysis methodologies.
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization, follow-up, & closure skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including effective verbal & written communication.
- Experience developing, coordinating, and/or delivering training programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software programs.
- Self-starter that is able to operate with little guidance.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.