We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, dedication, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
The value that GC delivers is immeasurable. Todays families are juggling sports schedules for multiple children & cant always be at the game. Instead parents, friends & families huddle around the GC digital campfire to watch it live on GameStream as the AI announces & animates the game in real-time. Also, coaches & players benefit from sound developmental insights found in the150 stats, spray charts & team management solutions that help coaches spend more time on the field.
Backed by the resources of DICKS Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS), GameChanger is the uncontested leader in its space, having built a sizeable audience with a cult-like following. With over four million games scored, millions followers & nearly a half billion teams, the stage is set to catapult GC to new heights. GC is a high growth company with revenue more than doubling from 2017 to 2019 & a robust growth outlook. Headquartered in downtown Manhattan, you will have all of the experiences of working in a start-up environment while having the backing of a large organization.
As our Social Media Manager, you will not only be responsible for developing our social media strategy across all of our platforms, but will drive content development & consumer engagement. The ideal candidate will arrest the attention of new sports fans, but also to engage our massive subscriber base & convert them to highly engaged social media followers.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the growth of GC social media channels by tapping into the millions existing subscribers with consumer engagement
- Reach beyond our subscriber base to curate & build the most significant youth sports brand community through engagement & two-way dialog.
- Support & manage national brand campaigns that arrest attention & drives the lower marketing funnel beyond conversion & leads to lasting loyalty.
- Deliver cross-functional leadership to amplify product news that drives GC business goals across owned & operated handles & engages our target along the end to end consumer journey.
- Develop & execute a content calendar that is strategically aligned against business goals.
- Manage & grow YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook communities. Leverage & create partnerships that tap the power of built-in audiences to drive the size of our social media footprint.
- Develop the brand voice for our brand across all channels.
- Manage budgets, timelines & establish KPIs that will be measured over multi-year time horizons.
- Optimize & build our YouTube channel to engage the target & enable GC to intercept the consumer with the right message, right time & in the right context.
- Manage agency & third-party relationships that support GC social media & engagement.
- 5+ years experience in social media management, with expertise in the social landscape in order to inform strategy, creative, & campaign execution.
- Excellent knowledge of major social networks; Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube. Base knowledge of emerging platforms like TikTok.
- Proficiency in third-party social media tools.
- Understanding of social networks best practices design, functionality, users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limit).
- Experience working withand guidinga creative team to produce social-first content.
- Proven ability to grow a passionate social media community organically with an understanding of the role paid media plays.
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to track behavioral trends & understand how to glean insights from campaign-specific data & metrics.
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Flexible full-time remote & occasional work from home options.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, & coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy.
- Well-furnished, modern office with a rich supply of snacks & drinks.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Learning opportunities including clubs, lunch tech talks, conference attendance, & participation in hack days.
- Organized lunches & team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.