Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Manager - Global Business Optimisation, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Global Business Optimisation team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants & data analysts work with Visa's clients & staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability & cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behaviour with Visa's world-class products, digital offerings & marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients' programs operate at their peak potential & that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical & digital world.
As part of the Client Services organisation, this role will take ownership of this vision & deliver with excellence for our organisation & our clients. The successful candidate will use strong big data & analytical skills, contextual business sense & a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa issuing banks, acquirers & merchants. In addition, your analytic expertise will directly impact the strategic direction of the organisation & how we deliver value from our data assets.
The Senior Manager, Cross-Border Insights & Analytics will be a key member in Global Business Optimisation, within Client Services, supporting global cross-border activities based inLondon responsible for building & deploying a single source of truth on insights, facts, & reporting related to Cross-Border (XB) for Visa EuropeRegion.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Collaborate & assess market intelligence & research needs across key corridors & markets. Contribute towards the development of strategy to procure & generate market level intelligence to support & inform XB growth initiatives.
- Work with Cross Border Insights & Analytics Lead to manage existing solutions & work towardsproducing ready-to-consume XB insight packages for corridor-, market-, & region-level leaders including developing an automated process to populate insight templates with self-serve functionality.
- Coordinate with existing internally-focused reporting teams to deploy a single source of truth on XB. This includes: align on a common set of reports, definitions, & data sources across markets & stakeholders.
- Build & deploy capability to generate forward-looking view of opportunities, develop the hypothesis of key leading indicators of XB trends, gather data & conduct analysis to isolate the key leading indicators of opportunity, develop & deploy the model to continuously track & report on the leading indicators
- Lead management reporting dashboards/scorecards & establish cadence of reporting across different stakeholders to support Cross Border Insights & Analytics Lead.
What we're after
- Extensive experience working in data analysis and/or insight delivery
- Degree in a quantitative field; advanced quantitative or business degree is a plus
- High level of proficiency manipulating data from a variety of sources - Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and/or SQL skills required
- Experience visualising data with tools like Tableau; advanced Tableau skills are highly desired
- Strong verbal, written, & interpersonal skills are required
- Must be proficient in all MS Office applications with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally in a matrixed organisation, & adapt as necessary to a fast-paced work environment
- Communication skills to take highly complex statistical output & convey facts to broad audiences
- Advanced competence in Excel, PowerPoint, & Tableau
- Fluency in any other European language highly regarded. The position is open in all Visa Europe locations.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.