Okta is looking for a Staff / Principle Business Systems Analyst to help us create & manage a best in class finance business system. As a Business Systems Analyst you will be a shared owner of the vision for Okta financial systems. The ideal candidate should have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented & have a strong work ethic. This role will be the subject matter expert & chief owner of Anaplan at Okta, developing & managing Anaplan models, dashboards, & integrations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Okta FP&A team to manage, review & implement road-map for improving current Anaplan builds & introducing new financial modeling
- Prepare & review documentation for current processes, model structures, & assumptions for finance systems & continuously identify gaps & opportunities for automation projects that will streamline workflows & processes within FP&A
- Design & own the build of future models within Anaplan based agreed-upon FP&A road map
- Manage the ongoing administration of Anaplan, including user roles & permissions, architecture of lists, modules, & dashboards, data flow & integrations, automation batch scripting, etc.
- Be the main point of contact with Anaplan & serve as primary liaison between FP&A & IT for all financial systems related issues, updates & enhancement projects
- Perform complex business & systems analysis work, root cause analysis & provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions; conduct requirements gathering/analysis following the agile methodology
- Lead cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document & analyze business requirements & functional specifications. Includes identifying unspoken or conflicting requirements & challenging the norm
- Design, scope, & build innovative solutions that automate & scale Okta business systems for FP&A team
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues & incidents & provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our global finance operations
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance & system standards
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, IT, or other analytics-related fields.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 4-7 years of model building & error handling experience in Anaplan
- Hands on experience with designing & supporting Anaplan integration with other business systems like NetSuite, Workday etc.
- Experience with full system implementation life-cycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support)
- Hands-on experience with SaaS financial & integration applications like NetSuite, RevPro, Xactly, Coupa etc
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data & with SOX controls & change management processes
- Exceptional communication with active listening skills, & ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving & analytical/critical thinking skills needed
- A good understanding of key financial business processes (Billing, Collections, sales compensation, Revenue Management, Procure-to-Pay, Quote-to-Cash)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.