Peloton Mechanical Engineers architect, design & test hardware systems for Peloton products. This role collaborates closely with our Industrial Design, Product Management, & Operations team to concept, design & manufacture the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment & has grounded experience in product development & working with contract manufacturers.
- Own Subsystem & Part design for new products through a Phase Gate style Product Development Process
- Work to create & manage ECN/ECOs for updates & improvements to existing products
- Work closely with a global network of suppliers throughout Development phases to bring your designs to production
- Present & communicate your work to technical & business leadership
- Create engineering requirements documents to meet product requirement needs
- Write & execute test plans during the design & production phases
- Proactively collaborate with other teams, including industrial design, product management, & operations
- Work with drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition & design controls
- 3+ years mechanical design experience BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience launching products through a New Product Development Process
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD & SW PDM
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining & casting
- Expertise with test & measurement tools
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with project managers
- Spoken & written English
- Ability to multitask & good time management skills
- Positive attitude & high energy!
- Experience in quality management & quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.