The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a new pharmaceutical company that owns the end-to-end drug development process. Our proprietary technology allows us to integrate & improve clinical research for patients, providers, & sponsors, while executing clinical trials faster & cheaper.
The New Ventures team is responsible for building a new portfolio of biotech startups, by acquiring & in-licensing drug development programs that will be supported by TrialSparks clinical research engine. The Associate will
- thematically identify areas & therapeutic assets for TrialSpark to invest in
- support research & evaluation of those specific investment opportunities
- proactively source & manage strategic partnerships to enhance TrialSparks development capabilities
This position is core to the companys mission & critically important to the companys growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead therapeutic area diligence, including market, competitor, & commercial analysis
- Evaluate drug assets based on scientific data & clinical development plans
- Build a scientific & business case, including returns analysis, for each potential investment & present directly to the CEO & Investment Committee. Associates are an active driver of the investment conversation, & will have to persuasively communicate ideas to the executive team & cross-functional leadership
- Support all aspects of the transaction process, including term sheet negotiations & documentation
- Lead sourcing, & outreach; network with academics, patient advocacy groups, KOLs, biotechs, & entrepreneurs
- Research & write theses to identify investments & identify strategic partnerships (e.g. international expansion, commercial capabilities, & digital health integrations) to expand TrialSparks capabilities.
Required education & experience
- Familiarity with licensing transactions within the biopharma industry & therapeutic specific due diligence
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to work collaboratively internally & externally
- Entrepreneurial, independent, & highly-organized. A self-starter who can proactively fill in the gaps, & a desire to build a truly transformative company that sits at the intersection of tech & biotechnology.
Preferred education & experience
- Strong aptitude with a genuine curiosity around innovation in science. Advanced technical degree is an advantage. MBA preferred, but not required.
- Candidates with experience in life sciences investment banking or venture capital are preferred. Will also consider experience from biotech equity research, life sciences business development, or top tier consulting firm.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.