At Warby Parker, we want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. That mission relies on high-quality reporting, which is why were searching for a motivated Engineering Manager to join our Data Engineering team. In this role, youll play a key part (at a key time) by building, scaling, & maintaining our operational & analytical reporting processes & infrastructure. Your teams efforts to collect, organize, & share data will impact nearly every employee & will be highly visible across the very data-hungry organization. Sound cool? Keep reading!
Your primary responsibility is to support the talented Data Engineers that make up your team & help them become successful. Day-to-day, youll help them grow in their career paths, mentor them as they create great integrations & data models, & help them stay engaged in their work at Warby Parker. Youll advocate for excellent software development practices & instill these behaviors in your team & your peers. Well also count on you to cultivate a collaborative culture, ensure quality, & work with your team on strategy & execution.
Reporting to the Director of Data, you & your team will partner with Product Managers to execute reporting roadmaps that enable Warby Parker to meet its most important strategic objectives. This is a prominent role in which youll support internal stakeholders throughout the business.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical skills to own the evolution of our reporting systems & ensure the best experience for our stakeholders. If you're a motivated manager who takes your work seriouslybut not yourselfyou may be just what we're looking for.
What youll do:
- Lead & grow a team of Data Engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, sponsoring, giving feedback, & offering hands-on career development
- Work closely with Product Management to deliver high-performing integrations, data models, & business intelligence tools that help analysts across the company answer critical questions
- Ensure timely delivery of reporting integration & data modeling work that addresses business needs & meets high standards of quality
- Shape the Data Engineering function as a practice within Warby Parker, acting as a strategic partner
- Ensure your team is informed, engaged, & excited about their work
Who you are:
- Backed by 10+ years of relevant work experience, some of which involves analyst-facing data systems
- Backed by 4+ years of Engineering Management experience, with direct management of at least four engineers
- Someone with a strong understanding of enterprise reporting, self-service reporting, dimensional data modeling, & developing reporting integrations in a cloud environment
- Driven by a desire to build & maintain strong relationships, help others in career development, & create inclusive environments
- Equipped with stellar interpersonal & communication skills in small & large groups
- Able to evaluate team performance objectively & rationally, & hold them accountable for meeting team goals
- Able to make tough decisions when needed & prioritize thoughtfully
- Able to work with multiple teams & communicate effectively with all kinds of roles
- Not on the Office of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Extra credit (not required!):
- Experience working for a company that has a significant consumer-facing element, like retail or e-commerce
- Experience with dbt or other code-focused ELT tools
- Familiarity with developing transformations in BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, or other cloud-based data warehouse databases
- Experience with ERPs & other enterprise software systems
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
The salary range for the Merchandise Planner role in New York City is $183,750$210,000. Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience & skills, qualifications & location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus & an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details & eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire & impact the world with vision, purpose, & style.
Were constantly asking ourselves how we can do more & make a greater impactand that starts by reimagining everything that a company & industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, & do good in the worldwithout charging a premium for it. And weve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, & innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, weve pioneered ideas, designed products, & developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses & contacts to eye exams & vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, & achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings & events, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up & sharing ideas arent responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community & belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors & equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, & share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what were all about, & our annual Impact Report & Racial Equity Strategy lay out how were sticking to these values.