At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the job:
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, & product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce & supply chain problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves executing experiments to improve the user journey & making it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating stable software solutions that keep our distribution centers running.
We are looking for developers who are excited by great code that scales well. As a member of our NYC team, youll work with highly-skilled engineers who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, & have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
Here at HelloFresh, the learning never stops. We expect you to learn every day, both through your work & beyond. We tend to set ambitious learning OKRs for each employee, & then support you through dedicated self-development time & learning budget.
If you value speed & agility & believe in a data-driven development space, this is the place for you. The ideal candidate for this role will leverage data - test results, logs, defect rates - to ruthlessly prioritize the work that needs to be done & collaborate with both local & international teams to find MVP solutions.
- Be able to design-develop-deploy software solutions in the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers & internal users
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, & operations of the microservices that you develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming, & other cutting edge methodologies
- Be able to spend time learning & developing technical skills in dedicated learning sessions, & show off your technical chops via ambitious OKRs
- An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend & Backend Engineers, Designers, & Business Intelligence teams
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core product & architecture, & act as an ambassador for state of the art software solutions & industry best practices offering support & mentorship to colleagues
At a minimum, you have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or, equivalent
- 4+ years of working experience in an agile software development team
- Proficient in 1 of the following technologies (2+ years), & working knowledge of 3 of the following technologies (1+ years):
- Frontend: React JS, Angular JS, React Native
- Backend: Golang, Python, NodeJS
- Hands-on experience in continuous delivery in the cloud using Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda functions, Terraform, and/or AWS CLI
- Experience with writing unit/integration/function test cases, as well as with formalized testing methodologies (i.e. TDD, BDD, DDD)
- Exposure to both relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) & NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB), with demonstrable ability to write & execute effective queries
When we return to the office:
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.