We are looking for a senior accountant to help manage Pelotons intercompany relationships & consolidation of the global results of Peloton on a monthly basis. This is a high-visibility role, which requires coordinating the flow of information from multiple business units located worldwide to the various global finance teams. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end to end workstream process related to accounting tasks through development & implementation of best practices within the accounting & financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have experience working within both SaaS & Retail business models, have excellent business acumen, & will be a natural numbers wizard that with applicable expertise in Excel & other tools. In addition, the candidate has strong knowledge in regards to U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls & experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker, with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams & work products which allow for strategic & knowledgeable decision making. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn & grow & be a part of Pelotons multifaceted business.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly consolidation with multiple domestic & international subsidiaries in accordance with US GAAP & ensure accurate & timely reporting
- Review & document intercompany transactions & accounting controls to ensure proper elimination of intercompany transactions upon consolidation.
- Perform continuous assessment of the consolidation close process & implement controls to improve consistency & accuracy of the reported results.
- Review international reporting package submissions
- Assist in the testing & development of Pelotons future state ERP intercompany elimination & consolidation tools
- Ownership of month-end close process for assigned areas, including daily interaction with business partners & external auditors.
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Book & Review monthly journal entries & prepare & review related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintain ownership over preparing analytics over financial results on a monthly basis & report on variances versus plan & prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management & internal business partners
- Investigate reporting discrepancies & communicate issues as they arrive in a timely manner
- Own the process in development of robust documentation around SOX Compliant Internal Controls, & ensure all controls are performed & documented in a manner that will meet requirements of internal & external auditors.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis & researching or benchmarking best practices inside & outside of the company
- Actively maintain & review designated General Ledger accounts & activity
- Support business process by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts payable, treasury, tax, human resources, IT, legal & Supply Chain
- Partake in ad hoc team projects & analysis, as assigned
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory & application of U.S. GAAP
- 3+ years of relevant Accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting & financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal & external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment & an ability to prioritize, multi-task & meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy & MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with & analyzing large datasets)
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, CoStar & Blackline.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.