Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
You will manage the Front Office Treasury department with responsibilities for FX cash & treasury operations. This will include, but not be limited to; delivering against Treasury department goals; assessing & supporting the development of the products, services, technologies & systems that are available to appropriate for the Treasury department & oversee all aspects of WorldRemit's treasury risk exposures including interest rate risk & foreign currency risk.
The role will develop strategies to manage P&L, B/S hedging combining natural hedge & derivative based solutions, execute FX dealing, optimise Treasury P&L, develop & maintain banking relationships on the FX & ultimately maximise interest earnings through effective Money Markets strategies. You will develop interest rate risk models, hedging strategies & foreign currency management. You will utilize SWIFT knowledge on payment instructions & trade confirmations to optimise process & working capital efficiency.
- Support treasury & cash management operations & helps develop strategies to maximize efficiencies, safeguard assets & minimize costs
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies & procedures in day-to-day conduct & supervision of FX activities
- Recommend & implements improvements to current cash management processes.
- Assist in managing & maintaining companys banking infrastructure, including bank, counterparty & brokerage relationships
- Manage capital market risks, FX & interest exposures
- Assist in preparing & managing annual budgets & forecasts
- Identify cost-saving & profit maximizing opportunities related to treasury
- Understand & manage appropriate procedures & processes around month-end & quarter-close activity
- Provides financial analysis to executive management, including critical analysis & recommending strategies to improve performance
- Trains treasury staff on developmental goals in support of the Head of Treasury
- Implement active monitoring of counterparty exposure reporting
- With the wider Treasury team, develop & implement a process to confirm external FX trades
- Regulatory reporting for FX transactions (e.g. EMIR), active follow-up on new developments on regulatory requirements & initiation of necessary changes in treasury management system to support a best in class treasury function
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting required
- ACT qualified or extensive experience in a similar treasury function
- 5+ years professional experience
- Has worked within the money transfer, payments, gambling, travel industry or companies with extensive geographical footprint
- Knowledge of appropriate Treasury software packages
- Used to be involved in payment processes, communication to banks & regulatory reporting for FX transactions
- Participation in IT projects such as implementation or upgrade of treasury systems (SWIFT,TMS)