Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking to add a Data Scientist to our Data & Analytics team. The Data Scientist will touch all aspects of the organization including marketing, retail, operations, product, customer experience, wholesale & engineering to increase the organization's sophistication leveraging data & modelling to drive decision-making & optimize profit generating activities.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
You have the statistical & technical firepower to take advantage of our rich data, translate business problems into data science products & solutions, & accelerate our data-driven approach to decisioning. The Data Scientist will focus on areas within Marketing Analytics, with responsibilities including:
- Refine, evolve & take ownership of our media mix model to drive increased understanding of marketing spend impact & a full spectrum of factors on revenue & collaborate with analytics to enhance scenario planning capabilities
- Develop & continue enhancing our media mix optimization process, drive marketing strategy & budget allocation through statistical modeling & analysis
- Improve customer acquisition efficiency & drive profitable growth by enhancing Caspers data driven revenue prediction models
- Carry out customer path analysis & predictive modeling to understand customer journey & customer behaviors
- Develop customer segmentation models to uncover opportunities for CRM & drive more personalized experiences to increase customer value & profitability
- Build comprehensive testing frameworks to empower & champion a testing culture that rapidly tests, measures, & iterates, executing in conjunction with the Digital Product, Acquisition & Customer Marketing teams to continually measure new tactics & strategies & drive strategic learnings
Our dream candidate...
- 4+ years of experience working in data & analytics, with an emphasis on marketing analytics & /or product development, preferably at an omni-channel e-commerce brand, & working with teams to successfully implement spend recommendations to drive business growth
- Bachelors degree with a quantitative focus in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, other technical field or equivalent practical experience. MS/MBA or PhD in a quantitative field is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge in statistical modeling & machine learning methodologies, bonus points for experience with generalized linear models, time-series, state space, & econometric modeling
- Strong data modeling skills including writing complex SQL queries, experience with dbt a plus.
- Python expertise, with a solid understanding of open source data mining / data visualization software packages (e.g., scipy, pandas, numpy).
- Experience of using data visualization platforms such as Looker, & web analytics platforms like Heap, Google Analytics is preferred
- Experience of implementing modeling algorithms for business applications
- Strong communication skills & able to influence others to achieve buy-in for recommendations & translate business challenges into data science applications that meaningfully drive results
- Highly motivated self-learner. Flexible, adaptable, able to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excited by the prospect of developing & building a data science competency at Casper from the ground up & finding new applications for data science partnerships with senior leaders. Lots of latitude to identify new area for impact & implement proof of concept work to drive impact & adoption
The syrup on your waffles...
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!