Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building innovative processes & tools that enable sales professionals to do their best work.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Operations/Sales Development professional who can be the right hand to the Chief Customer Officer & has worked with a broad portfolio of sales metrics, processes, & tools. You understand SMB & high volume inside selling processes & have experience implementing new processes in a rapidly growing sales organization.
In a Director of Sales Operations role at DigitalOcean, youll be instrumental in helping to build the companys future. You will support our sales professionals & others through the design, implementation, & operational execution of end-to-end processes & tools. You will build a sales development function that will start small but quickly grows. You will eventually hire/promote managers to run sales development. You are looking to come in at the ground floor, to apply your skills & experience to develop the business processes & tools needed to help maximize DigitalOceans sales performance.
Priorities include collaborating with marketing on all lead generation tools & processes, collaborating with finance & product on quotes to cash processes & tools, working with sales management on sales metrics, sales process, tools, territory & quota model & go-to-market planning. Partnering with key functions in the company (Sales, Finance, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Engineering, Product Management, etc.) is essential to shaping revenue strategy, optimizing execution across all channels, & enabling our company to scale rapidly. Critical functions include managing the sales development/lead generation programs, system management, planning, reporting, sales process optimization, sales program implementation, & sales policy definition & management.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide overall leadership & management of Operations for Customer Support & Success as well as the Go to Market ( Sales) function utilizing Data Science / Analytics to cover: systems, 3rd party vendors, operational execution, reporting, policy development, & management
- Provide overall leadership & management of Customer Journey from onboarding through monetization phases to cover: recruiting, people management, the setting of processes & tools, measurement, & delivery of retention & expansion opportunities
- Identify, continuously improve, & integrate all sales processes & policies, including but not limited to, lead management process, commissions, sales recruiting & hiring, etc.
- Develop & execute standardized sales performance reporting & analysis with the goal of making specific recommendations to support management decision making. Develop & maintain standard daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual reports for the sales team
- Implement comprehensive pipeline reporting tools tracking opportunities from lead generation to acquisition, account development/scale, & retention
- Own lead distribution & management in collaboration with marketing & sales
- Lead cross-functional initiatives & collaborating closely with sales, marketing, customer success, & finance
What We Expect From You:
- 8+ years experience in Customer Support & Success Operations, Sales Operations and/or Data Science & Analytics (Capacity Management, Sales & Operations Planning, Demand Forecasting, Retention & Expansion) experience strongly preferred
- Managing a growing team of Data Science & Analytics professionals along with CSS Operations & GTM Operations Analysts focused on customer retention & expansion from the onboarding phase through monetization through revenue management.
- Excellent analytical, business intelligence skills ( identify signal from noise)
- Expertise in Salesforce & the Salesforce ecosystem & other sales / support / data science related software & tools
- Experience building a sales operations, CSS operations and/or Data Science organization that continually improves retention & expansion of customers
- Demonstrated a focus on being able to translate data & metrics into predictable business insight
- Ability & credibility to work with the VP of Customer Support & Success, VP of GTM, VP of Revenue Marketing & VP FPA along with the extended leadership team lead & facilitate cross-company initiatives
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation communications skills
- Determined to create a performance & metrics focused culture
- High growth, start-up exposure is ideal
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.