At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks.Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The Reporting Manager oversees all facets of Cloudflares quarterly & annual external reporting. This highly visible leadership role manages the filing calendar, consolidates all required inputs, prepares documents, & coordinates the review process to facilitate prompt, correct, & complete reporting. Additionally, this role serves as a primary technical resource for Cloudflare Accounting, providing research & guidance on matters related to GAAP compliance & changes in Accounting Standards. Finally, this position, in cooperation with the Corporate Controller, oversees the Cloudflares internal control management self-assessment process, including the design, execution, & evaluation of the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly reports, annual reports, as well as periodic filings including coordinating with
legal, tax, & treasury
- Develop, maintain, & manage company-wide filing calendar to facilitate accurate completion & sufficient
review of all external filings within required timeframes
- Prepare quarterly earnings reports
- Manage & correctly report all equity based transactions & equity compensation
- Provide guidance on & challenge the appropriateness of disclosures
- Complete all relevant disclosure checklists & reporting questionnaires
- Coordinate communications with external auditors on external financial statements & accounting issues to
ensure support for company position on accounting disclosures & other issues
- Monitor the peer group filings to identify industry trends
- Direct Cloudflares technical accounting activities including a) research & interpret accounting pronouncements,
b) identify the impact on the companys accounting policies & financial statements, c) manage the self-
assessment process & d) develop training materials & conduct sessions to train the Cloudflares financial and
non-financial personnel. Position papers are written for both complex accounting & to provide interpretation of
- Monitor & research the development & applicability of emerging accounting & reporting rules under US
GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulations
- Manage, in cooperation with the Corporate Controller, the Companys internal controls over financial reporting
compliance program including a) continuous evaluation of the Companys risk assessment & corresponding
internal controls matrix, b) develop training materials & conduct sessions to train Cloudflares financial & non-
financial personnel, c) oversee the self-assessment process & d) manage the remediation of identified internal
- Assist in gathering necessary support for equity or debt offerings
- Participate in and/or lead special projects as assigned including purchase accounting for acquisitions,
discontinued operations accounting for divestitures, & complex joint venture accounting.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 4-Year Accounting Degree Required
- CPA Designation Required (Active License Preferred)
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience
- 3+ years of reporting experience
- Combination of private industry & public accounting experience; Big 4 experience preferred.
- Prior experience designing, implementing, & documenting policies & procedures.
- Experience with the following systems is preferred: Equity Edge Online & NetSuite.
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position
and develop procedures for implementation.
- Ability to interpret complex technical guidance & effectively present the Companys accounting position
both in written & verbal form.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal & interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Proven project management skills with ability to drive results across departments.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, provide leadership, & take initiative under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Comfort in a fast paced work environment, with multiple concurrent projects & priorities.
- Very high attention to detail; organized & thorough with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Stellar work ethic.
What Makes Us Special
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94115.