Quidd is the world's largest social marketplace for digital goods.
Through its apps, Gen Z & Millennials collect, buy, sell, & display limited-edition digital stickers, cards, & 3D toys featuring IP from the worlds best media brands, including Disney, Marvel, HBO, Hasbro, Fox, & others.
Collecting, owning, & using rare stuff, like sneakers, streetwear, or trading cards, is a universal human behavior. Quidd's mission is to bring this experience online -- in digital format -- for billions of people.
The company raised its Series A from Sequoia in the fall of 2017 & is based in NYC.
Do you spend most of your time obsessing over TV, film, comics, animation, gaming, music, sneakers, & other pop culture stuff? And find yourself sketching, illustrating, drawing, & creating works featuring your favorite thing in your free time?
Quidd is currently looking for a full-time 2-D graphic artist, who, alongside the rest of the design team, will contribute to creating one of a kind collectible digital content across various intellectual properties. This content includes but is not limited to: licensed digital trading cards & stickers. Well be working across a variety of properties & licenses including live action, animated, & 3D. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of photo/asset manipulation, illustration, & typography. The candidate should able to troubleshoot complex design questions while adhering to goals & deadlines.
This position reports directly to the Creative Director & works in our New York City office.
What The Role Will Entail:
- Developing engaging digital content.
- Digital packaging design as well as supporting assets for content.
- Creating exciting new content for pitches, presentations, & future projects.
- Working with multiple licenses & being able to switch styles & aesthetics on the fly while maintaining brand integrity.
- Constant research & development in order to improve existing product types as well as innovate & develop new ideas.
What Were Looking For In The Ideal Candidate:
- A passion for, & interest in, all things pop culture related, especially around TV, Film, Comics, Games, & Social Media.
- A constant & fast learner, who isn't afraid to adapt to changes in process quickly & efficiently.
- A creative & conceptual problem solver but doesn't hesitate to execute quickly.
- Attention to detail & highly organized. You take pride in how meticulously you label & layer your assets in Photoshop. You like consistent naming of files.
- A sharp but malleable design aesthetic. You can match the look & feel of distinct brands. But you never lose your keen sense of what works, what doesnt, & why.
- A deep understanding of illustration & design & a willingness to contribute ideas & thoughts for improvement with the rest of the team.
- A willingness to go above & beyond what is asked & identifying other key ways to move the company forward.
- Must be a team player & work very well with others -- we have a very fast paced work environment, & it's critical to know how to take ownership of a problem, as well as when to let go.
- A self-starter with great time & project management skills.