Maintenance Operations Manager (eCommerce) - Logistics
This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities & duties as assigned and/or necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Oversees & manages productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports; communicating goals & managing staffing; scheduling, assigning duties & coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals; identifying associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns; & determining corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
Ensures maintenance department daily operations are performed properly by monitoring & driving department performance related to maintaining warehouse equipment (for example, material handling equipment, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, air compressors, general building repairs); & monitoring & ensuring associate compliance with state & federal regulations (i.e. OSHA, Hazardous Waste, NFPA, Storm Water, DOT, etc.) relating to maintenance operations.
Manages associates & leaders in area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance & providing feedback; identifying training & development needs & providing opportunities for learning & growth; teaching, supporting & modeling Logistics & company policies & procedures; & participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, & evaluation of associates, leaders & managers.
Drives the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (for example, production, quality, safety) by implementing operational improvements; monitoring & tracking expenses & capital expenditures compared to budget; monitoring asset utilization; & developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures & supporting documentation.
Coordinates, completes, & oversees job-related activities & assignments by developing & maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans & initiatives to meet customer & business needs; identifying & communicating goals & objectives; building accountability for & measuring progress in achieving results; identifying & addressing improvement opportunities; & demonstrating adaptability & promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision & development opportunities for associates by hiring & training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; & ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing & supporting the Open Door Policy; & providing direction & guidance on applying these in executing business processes & practices.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
Manages Maintenance Operations - Demonstrates & leverages knowledge of & expertise in maintenance equipment, tools & procedures (for example, repair & installation methods) to drive quality maintenance services. Utilizes & enforces proper application of company & regulatory policies, standards, & procedures by associates throughout area of responsibility. Directs & instructs others regarding procedures for maintaining & repairing equipment & facilities. Implements guidelines & measures to maintain customer satisfaction & ensure proper compliance with maintenance related standards (for example, lock out/tag out, contractor safety).
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data & adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes & supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify & locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, & applies policies & procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies & uses facts, information, & expertise to set priorities & make informed decisions. Uses data & evidence to determine the causes of problems & develop solutions to address them.
Execution & Results: Manage Execution & Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations & time requirements. Plans & manages own & others' time, based on business priorities, & follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely & accurate manner. Identifies & obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, & quality in work practices.
Planning & Improvement: Plan & Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates & aligns planning with organizational initiatives & direction. Looks at work plans & makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes & practices to increase performance & results.
Influence & Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas & links them to business needs & benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships & alliances with others, inside & outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans & priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience & ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics & Compliance: Manage Ethics & Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies & procedures, & supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity & ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical & compliance issues, enforcing compliance & administering appropriate consequences as needed.
Adaptability: Quickly Adapt - Demonstrates creativity & strength in the face of change, obstacles, & adversity. Adapts to competing demands & shifting priorities. Updates knowledge & skills to handle new complexities, challenges, & responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas & perspectives. Helps associates adjust to & develop the capabilities needed to implement organizational change initiatives.
Talent: Supervise Associates - Provides specific, honest, accurate, & timely feedback on associate performance. Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels & maximize team performance. Uses people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to ensure effective associate performance. Recruits & hires the associates needed to meet business requirements. Teaches, guides, & assists in the development of associates.
- The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters & locates information on computer.
- Moves up & down a ladder.
- Moves up & down stairs.
- Presents information to small or large groups & individuals.
- Squats, kneels, or crawls for extended periods of time.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Grasps, turns, & manipulates objects of varying size & weight, requiring fine motor skills & hand-eye coordination.
- Safely operates motor vehicle or other large power equipment, requiring valid drivers license or certification as appropriate.
- Visually locates merchandise & other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping.
- Apply sideways/upward/downward pressure to tighten & loosen hardware (for example, nuts, bolts).
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
- Use crossovers to access opposite sides of conveyors.
- Differentiate sounds in order to inspect & maintain equipment, identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms.
- Lift, push, pull, & carry tools, objects or equipment above shoulder level without assistance.
- Moves, lifts, carries, & places merchandise & supplies weighing up to 60 pounds without assistance.
- Communicates effectively in person & by using telecommunications equipment or electronic voice control equipment.
- Visually verifies & reads information, often in small print.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, which could include, but not be limited to lifting protection, fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection, chemical protection, climate protection & electrical protection such as protective footwear.
- Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Travels domestically to & from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring an overnight stay.
- Travels domestically to & from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays.
- Travels domestically to & from multiple facilities or work-sites during the workday.
- Works or trains at multiple facilities or distant locations. (Travel of extended duration, meaning seven days or more, is not required, except for management training & emergency situations.)
- Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- May work with substances that require special handling
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Works at heights, including on roofs, on scaffolding, or in ceiling spaces.
- Moves over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Works varying shifts as required.
- Work overnight, weekends, & varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Work in areas with high noise levels that may require hearing protection.
Bachelor's Degree in Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Production/Operations Management or related field AND 1 years experience in an industrial maintenance environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, & developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; & participating in the hiring & promotion of employees OR Associate's Degree or technical school certification in a related field (for example, welding, refrigeration, electrical, electronics) AND 2 years experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, & developing employees, managing workload.
2 years experience as a Walmart Logistics Maintenance Area Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, & developing associates; managing workload; & participating in the hiring & promotion of associates
1 years experience managing budgets, managing P&L, developing manpower forecasts, & analyzing financial/operational data
1 years experience with Industrial Warehouse maintenance processes (for example, preventative maintenance, material handling equipment, power equipment, facilities upkeep) to include project management