Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, weve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And were not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup & others have invested over $150MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, & office management, thePeople Operations team works to create & foster a positive & productive employeeexperience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the rightsnacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management to makesure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, & able to thrive atBetter. We have fun, love what we do, & care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for a People Operations Manager to help oversee the growth of our New York office. In this role, you will work as a thought partner with our people ops team on everything from human capital management to employee happiness efforts. Were in hyper-growth mode so we need someone with the drive & passion to execute day-in & day-out, eager to partner & collaborate with various stakeholders on retaining top talent. This person will be responsible for the employee lifecycle experience helping to set & manage expectations of employees from day one. Success in this role requires a high degree of organization, strong communication skills, creative thinking & the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Counseling managers & employees on a variety of HR-related questions & issues
- Conducting all onboarding & offboarding procedures, such as facilitating new-hireorientations, trainings, exit interviews, & separation agreements
- Building & strengthening the delivery & execution of people ops programs, operations andservices that enhance our employee experience
- Monitoring the pulse" of overall environment & employee engagement & working withmanagers to increase retention
- Ensuring adherence to all HR policies & any employment-related legal, regulatory & compliance requirement
- Generating any reports & analytics upon request
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people
- Exemplary organizational skills & attention to detail
- High personal integrity & ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to multitask & manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Knowledge of federal & California employment laws, regulations & best practices
- A record of academic achievement (BA/BS required) & keen intellectual ability
- 3-5+ years of HR/People Operations experience & recruiting
- The desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.