We are seeking a Wireless Network Architect to join our team. You will be a member of the Global Network Services team responsible for ensuring a highly-available global infrastructure to enable Pelotons growing global presence. This includes providing High & Low Level Designs & network architecture, defining standards, evaluating products & vendors. Work with the rest of the Global Network Services team to deploy, maintain, & support our global wired & wireless data network, voice systems, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site IPsec tunnels & client VPN. You will collaborate with the business stakeholders & other IT teams within the Enterprise Technology organization on projects & initiatives in addition to partnering with our Cyber Security team to design security principles & best practices for our internal user community to align with best-in-class security services.
- Provide high & low level design & wireless network architecture for Pelotons global projects & initiatives.
- Define & document on-prem & cloud wireless networking standards.
- Have a clear vision for the future state of Pelotons global wireless network & global connectivity across all sites through hardware/software refresh projects and/or introducing new technologies.
- Define & document success criteria when running a Proof of Concept for new products/designs/technologies and/or vendor selection.
- Review & optimize current wireless network designs & architecture.
- Create network diagrams & documentation of the network environments.
- Work closely with the business stakeholders & various teams within Peloton to gather requirements & provide network designs according to the team standards & definitions.
- Have a clear understanding of the ongoing projects & their possible impact on the network design & architecture.
- Present HLDs to business stakeholders & other teams within Peloton.
- Present HLDs & LLDs to the Global Network Services team members.
- Work closely with the Global Network Services team to deploy, support & troubleshoot a complex global network environment.
- Review wireless network utilization reports & provide capacity planning guidance & recommendations.
- Provide performance analysis & optimization.
- Design globally consistent secure network infrastructure by partnering with the information security team to establish & enforce policies; define & monitor access.
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps & new technologies for potential deployment across Pelotons entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, & offices globally.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance & run books for Tier 1 & Tier 2 IT support.
- On-call 24x7 network support & escalation may be required.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP Enterprise, CWNP etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Aruba Wireless is a must
- 10+ years of experience in a multi-vendor network engineering, architecture, & design with 7+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on setting standards
- Combined experience should include:
- 10+ years of experience with Cisco & Aruba wireless networks including hands-on experience with WLCs & Aruba Central architectures
- 5+ years of experience with Meraki wireless networks
- 8+ years of experience with designing, deploying, & supporting complex global network and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 7+ years of experience with supporting enterprise Wi-Fi environments, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS,PSK, Bluetooth, GPRS, Roaming, Wireless Security
- 3+ years of experience designing, configuring & supporting Cisco ISE & HPE Clearpass
- 1+ years of network design & support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 1+ years of scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- 3+ years hands-on experience with routing/switching protocols & VPN technologies
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with designing, deploying & supporting SD-WAN solutions
- 1+ year of experience with *nix systems & general use
- 1+ years of experience with deploying & supporting DDI solutions
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example & break-down complex problems in order to find resolutions quickly.
- Strong knowledge of network design & applications, including designing IP addressing hierarchy, complex routing & switching technologies.
- Understanding of network architecture, design of large scale networks.
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter full stack (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies.
- Strong experience with multiple successful implementations (including the ability to design, configure, deploy, manage, & troubleshoot) of Cisco routers & switches, site-to-site IPsec tunnels, Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba Wireless & Meraki security appliances, switches & wireless.
- Strong knowledge of project life cycle management.
- Strong knowledge of change management & MOPs.
- Strong knowledge of packet capture & traffic analysis.
- Virtualization technologies.
- Strong knowledge of wireless design, technologies & wireless site survey tools.
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks.
- High availability network design & technology.
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, & scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, & disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, & security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential.
- Extensive knowledge of:
- Networking design concepts & fundamentals
- Enterprise Wi-Fi environments, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, i-PSK, Bluetooth, GPRS, Roaming, Wireless Security
- IP Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP)
- Switching protocols (802.1Q, RSTP, DTP, VTP, LACP, CDP, LLDP)
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)
- Tunneling Technologies (IPSec, Q-in-Q, L3VPN, MPLS, MP-BGP, GRE, DMVPN)
- Virtualization Technologies (VRF, vPC, VSS, VDC, Stackwise)
- RADIUS/TACACS+ & 802.1x
- Expertise in QoS for IP telephony over wireless networks is a big plus
- Expertise in Terraform is a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.