Vimeos platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, & video lovers around the globe. We take our insights seriously & encourage a culture of data-driven decisions for both product & business. The Business Intelligence team turns that data into helpful, actionable insights for the entire organization.
We are looking for an experienced Data Solutions Architect to join our BI team & work closely with our BI analysts & our BI Engineering team to organize data structures & advise on data strategy & governance in the context of business & product reporting needs. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action & results, with experience in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
What you'll do:
- Plan, organize, & maintain data tables & dashboards for scalable, refreshable analysis & reporting
- Understand business requirements & develop data models usable by users & efficient for ETLs
- Lead data governance efforts in standardization of metrics, data documentation, & data catalogs
- Create & enable the creation of ad-hoc / on-demand data sets for use by analysts
- Optimize Looker performance & reliability
- Work with Engineering teams to set up monitoring & alerting systems for business & product KPIs
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years working with Analytics & Engineering teams with a mixed data engineering & analytics background
- Experience with:
- Python 2.7 & 3.x
- Snowflake or other column-oriented & cloud-based databases
- Working knowledge of data pipeline development, workflow management & orchestration tools, & ETL optimization & best practices
- Relational database design, large data sets (terabyte scale), & data modeling concepts, techniques, & best practices including dimensional modeling, star schema, Data Vault
- Experience leading initiatives around data governance, master data management, data catalogs & enterprise data warehouse architecture
- Strong analytical skills, data sensibility, & an able communicator
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior management experience is a plus
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 175 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.