Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Small Group Account Specialist to join our Broker Support team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Small Group Account Specialist you will help our business clients navigate the complexities of employer based healthcare. As a key part of our Small Group Sales Team, youll be responsible for retaining membership by handling small business renewals, assisting Business Administrators (BAs) in managing their enrolled employees, & providing a best-in-class service that sets Oscar apart from our competitors.
You will initially report into the Associate Operations Manager.
- Handle inbound calls & emails from Oscars Business Administrators (BAs) to help manage their small group policies; assisting in making changes & taking payments
- Handle the renewal process for groups that weve sold directly; making recommendations & taking groups through our renewal process
- Gain a deep understanding of Oscars plans, benefits, & networks & the ability to educate others on our small group product lines across markets
- Investigate & escalate or resolve BA concerns
- Learn our internal processes & systems & identify opportunities to make the team more efficient & effective
- Listen to BAs comments, concerns, & suggestions, relaying that information internally, while working to improve BA satisfaction
- Leverage Salesforce to track interactions with BAs & report on conversion rates, objections, & the overall BA experience
- Strong analytical decision making & organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally with many internal teams to resolve complex issues
- Experience in consultative selling & the ability to build relationships, persuade, influence decision-making & drive renewal sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills including exceptional verbal & written communication
- 2+ years of customer service experience required
- Healthcare experience & license are a plus
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment where you are responsible for helping to build the tools & processes you need to do your job well
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.