Moda Operandi is an established US-based internet retailer, specializing in cutting edge luxury fashion labels & championing emerging designers from around the globe.
POSITION SUMMARY: We are looking for an experienced Photo Researcher who will be responsible for sourcing the best images & managing all visual assets to support editorial, creative & marketing projects for the womens, mens & home businesses; in particular for weekly emails, social media, digital editorial, videos, marketing & site imagery.
The Photo Researcher will need to maintain relationships with picture libraries, photographers, PR contacts & agencies, photographer estates, & other external agencies to provide strong visuals for all content produced in-house.
- Provide picture research from editorial creative briefs for stand-alone emails, online features & corresponding emails, creative videos, marketing briefs & presentations for web & print use
- Review photo-led creative briefs (where relevant) & contribute to briefing meetings & ideation
- Produce diverse & creative research, which inspires the editorial & design teams by delivering visually arresting images which surpass the standard & stop our customers as they scroll
- Coordinate delivery from fashion week photographers/videographers/agencies, in-house teams & apply for accreditation for the fashion shows
- Develop relationships with all existing image libraries, source & negotiate new contacts & contracts, liaise with bloggers, & on-brand picture contributors for runway/ backstage/ street style & celebrity images
- Understand the market prices & routinely negotiate best prices for usages.
- Hold comprehensive knowledge of copyright legislation on usage rights, & seek updates on the rules that govern usage to ensure the companys practice meets these standards.
- Call in & utilize PR content for editorial use, where possible, to reduce budget spend & develop relationships with brands & industry contacts
- Support Production teams with lookbook production & seasonal projects by assisting on imagery call-ins from suppliers & brands
- Responsible for image checks on crediting, picture quality, repro for online & offline formats
- Manage detailed records of usage right contracts, agreements & contacts for reference
- Manage picture research budgets & closely monitor spends to ensure budgets are adhered to, with attention on planning
- Classify & maintain existing archives & develop a referencing system
- Follow design, editorial & fashion news & events to support the creative initiatives & provide research for conceptualizing.
- Contribute to processes to enhance & increase efficiency & quality of deliverables.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ideal candidate would have proven picture research experience in a fast-paced publishing or creative agency environment for womens fashion.
- Extensive knowledge of womens fashion history, designers, people (fashion & celebrities) & interpreting runway & fashion trends for research
- Good general knowledge of cultural events, iconic style figures, art & design movements & film history & genres
- Liaise regularly with the Editorial & Design teams to ensure layouts are correct, hi-res images are in & caption/credit information is supplied on schedule
- Great relationship & contacts with image libraries, PRs, & picture contributors
- Understanding of the digital art-working process, as well as having good judgment, a sense of initiative & a professional working manner
- Demonstrate strong time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Degree of flexibility to cope with the demands of a rapidly growing company
- A problem-solver who is methodical & detail oriented & highly organized
- Experience in budgeting & managing finances
- Self-motivated, & eagerness to learn
- Good sense of humor & team comradery
- Proficient in Photoshop, PowerPoint, MS Word & Excel, & Design packages an advantage.