Client Partners on the Trade Team work to grow spend for our top priority design firms across the country by building relationships with key stakeholders including Principals, designers, & various members of purchasing & procurement teams & growing their spend on the 1stdibs platform.
You will be responsible for working with designers in your book of business to identify & execute against spend opportunities. Youll also be tasked with educating clients on new product features & Trade Program benefits. This role will require travel into market to visit with clients at their offices & at industry events across the country.
The role is perfect for someone with 5+ years of B2B sales experience. You will be a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, who is adaptable to change & comfortable in a startup environment ready to roll up their sleeves, jump in the trenches, & wear multiple hats when necessary.
What youll do
- Own & work towards a quarterly quota of spend for your assigned accounts
- Solution mapping for all accounts & education of new features & benefits
- Serving as an internal advocate for firms at 1stdibs (e.g., product feedback, navigating editorial, event invites, point of escalation)
- Identifying strategic solutions & customizations for the unique business needs of top spending accounts
- Conduct regular in person meetings to educate account members on how to utilize features & tools on the site
- Capture & maintain customer loyalty by clearly understanding how 1stdibs adds value to their firm
- The role requires travel for client meetings as well as industry & partner events
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in a sales role at a SaaS or technology start-up
- Experience managing a book of roughly 100 accounts & helping identify scale down that account list to about 50 accounts
- Experience presenting to Director/VP/Principal contacts within industry leading organizations
- Excellent time management skills + ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to map decision-making processes within a complex organization
- Timely & thoughtful follow-up to creating trust & strong relationships with your accounts
- Ability to identify & overcome objections throughout the full sales cycle
- Works well in a team based environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
Not a requirement, but a huge plus
- Understanding of the 1stdibs competitive landscape from both traditional sources & new technology companies
- A passion for interior design, art, objects dart, decorative arts, or architecture & an ability to communicate with clients on these subjects
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.