First Look Media is seeking a highly organized Executive Assistant, Legal & Business Affairs to provide calendar, expense support & administrative duties for the Chief Legal Officer/Head of BALA. The ideal candidate will be proactive & anticipatory in approach, possess excellent judgment, pay a high attention to detail, exemplify an energetic, poised, & positive demeanor, & demonstrate the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Plan, coordinate, & ensure that the Chief Legal Officers schedule is effectively constructed with an eye to supporting expressed priorities.
- Work closely with the CLO to keep him well-informed of upcoming commitments & responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Work with the CLO & the rest of the legal department on the continued evolution of the groups tracking processes.
- Handle basic administrative duties: travel, expense reports, creation & maintenance of documents.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings & off-sites, & all staff meeting.
- Manage external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are, & keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts.
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned
Background & Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform & prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong sense of teamwork.
- Ability to operate independently & remotely from a supervisor.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint & Excel.
- Proficient with technology including mobile devices.
- High level of professionalism & demonstrated ability to handle confidential information accordingly is crucial in this role.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, & Field of Vision, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.