Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, were one of Crains Best Places to work
- Were #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Sales Insights & Strategy (SalesOps) team at Better is responsible for all tools, processes, & people operations related to sales. We are, in essence, the analytical & strategic arm of sales - a mix of strong analytical capabilities, sharp business acumen & get stuff done mentality. We use a structured approach to drive sales strategy across sales channels, develop operational plans to enable consistent & innovative approaches & lead execution against our recommendations.
As a Sales Insights & Strategy Manager you will play a pivotal role in building & scaling SalesOps. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Identify, prioritize & solve ongoing business requirements for a rapidly growing company
- Gather & analyze information to generate actionable insights
- Monitor our external environment (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) & derive implications for the business
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business channels
- Lead execution on major, sales initiatives
- Hire, mentor & groom SalesOps managers & associates on the team
- You are a strong performer with at least 4 years of experience in Sales Insights & Strategy / Management Consulting with at least 1-2 years of management experience
- You have a bias for action, as well as a strong sense of practicality & effectiveness
- You have strong data analysis, data modeling & presentation skills; SQL experience strongly preferred; R/Python a big plus
- Youve worked previously with an early-stage company / have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- You have excellent communication & relationship-building skills.
- You are highly adaptable, & able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.