About the Team:
The global demand planning team at Harrys is responsible for demand forecasting & is part of the Global Operations organization. This team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance & in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions through the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
About the Role:
We are looking for a high-performing analytical & collaborative person to join our Global S&OP team. This person will be responsible for forecasting Harry North American Retail channels. They will work in close collaboration with the broader Operations & Finance teams & have frequent interaction with multiple company departments. This is also an opportunity that affords significant exposure to & impact on senior-level operations, finance & strategy for a high-growth consumer brand. The role is based in our New York office, but requires occasional travel & close partnership with colleagues in Germany & the UK.
Own the monthly global demand planning process for Harrys North American Retail Channels
- Be the expert on drivers behind Harrys retail business by running monthly cross-functional meetings to gather input from stakeholders across the company
- Produce accurate demand forecasts by owning the retail operational models
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, FP&A & Retail teams to determine the downstream implications of published demand forecasts
- Develop root cause analysis & forward actions for demand forecasting issues by SKU, category, channel & customer
Manage projects that improve the accuracy & efficiency of our forecasting efforts:
- Evolve the demand planning process using statistical forecasting, management by exception, ABC stratification & other tools & techniques.
- Support the move from an Excel-based customized modeling approach to a common demand planning software platform.
- Develop content for the demand reviews & executive S&OP meeting to summarize the building blocks & key assumptions behind the forecast along with insights & recommendations
- Elongate the time horizon for demand planning to a rolling 18 months
- Measure & report key accuracy metrics to continuously improve the forecasting process with the goal of maintaining an efficient & optimized supply chain process
Work cross-functionally with different level of the organization in UK, New York & Germany:
- Work with strategy, sales & other functions to provide forecasts for new channel launches.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product & R&D teams to develop forecasts for new product launches
- Work closely with the cross-functional team on the annual budgeting & quarterly reforecasting processes to provide visibility on revenue & growth
- Work with the FP&A, Strategy & Operations teams on revenue & margin gap improvement initiatives
- Have significant exposure to the Harrys senior leadership & act as a thought partner on special projects & key business decisions
This should describe you:
- Bachelors degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-4 years of experience in Demand Planning, Sales Planning, Supply Chain, or other Business Operations function
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint required
- Experience using demand planning & ERP software a plus
- Ability to manipulate data & insights to make recommendations
- Rigorously detail-oriented & produces exceptional deliverables
- Excellent ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive cross-functional consensus & results in the day-to-day business
- Strong work ethic; ability to independently own & drive projects
- Motivated to learn; asks insightful questions & fully embraces working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Sense of humor
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.