Here at HelloFresh, were passionate about bringing dinner inspiration to everyday Australians. With 9 years of service under our belt, we are the market leader in the growing world of meal kit delivery services, operating in 15 different countries.
As we continue to deliver fresh, seasonal ingredients & delicious, wholesome recipes to our customers, we see our inspired community of empowered home-cooks continue to grow, & you could be a part of it!
Are you energetic & motivated with a team focus? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment? If you're looking for a role that lets you make an impact every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
As HelloFresh grows....so does our finance department! We in Finance like to think of ourselves as all-rounders. We not only look to be experts on all things tax, accounting, & what the numbers mean for the business, but we also aim to consult & add value on processes & decisions throughout the entire business, managing business risk & regularly communicating with a range of internal & external stakeholders. As the Tax & Compliance Officer...
- Report to our Business Compliance Manager & become involved in all things tax, government reporting, insurances & a range of business risks & compliance projects
- Work with the finance team & external advisors to achieve on-time & accurate lodgement of all corporate tax & regulatory obligations
- Assist with review & engagement activity from tax authorities & regulatory bodies
- Proactively support continuous improvement & risk management e.g. governance & internal control improvements, data integrity, record-keeping & task automation
- Research, document & present on a range of tax & compliance issues to senior management stakeholders, communicating complex concepts in a succinct way to impact decision making
- Work closely with our Global head office in Europe to communicate ANZ strategy & workflows, & ensure tax & regulatory compliance goals & processes are aligned with the worldwide group.
- Assist & support the finance team with ad hoc analyses, insights & work on a range of special projects as needed
- Be the point of contact on various engagements with third party consultants & become a subject matter expert across a range of areas
- Collaborate on tax procedures & governance, & gain significant exposure to international tax requirements (CbC, Transfer Pricing etc.), deferred taxes, & review/consultation relating to a range of direct & indirect corporate taxes
- Passion, drive & fantastic communication skills
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance & a qualified CA/CPA/CTA (or working towards)
- A strong working knowledge of Australian and/or New Zealand corporate income tax & GST (knowledge & working experience in international tax/transfer pricing is a bonus!)
- 3+ years experience working in accounting, with a focus on tax or business services.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced business & a role which involves independent research & problem-solving
- The ability to effectively manage workflows & prioritise in a deadline-driven environment
- An eye & appreciation for detail & a passion for getting things right
- A good understanding of business insurance & workers compensation in Australia is a bonus
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets
- A keen interest in legislative interpretation (tax, insurance, business law, general business compliance etc)
- Keen to grow with a fast-growing organisation & turn your experience with HelloFresh into a platform for future career growth
- A fast learner with the ability & drive to research concepts & present findings to financial & non-financial audiences
- Proactive, ambitious, & assertive: you take ownership of your work & think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Able to support your work with extremely strong record-keeping & structure to meet business risk requirements
- Excited to work for a food-tech business that is transforming the way people shop & eat
- A person who thrives under pressure & doesnt shy away from hard work
- A self starter who enjoys getting to the bottom of a problem, can work independently & communicate results with a range of stakeholders
What youll get in return
- The opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing food businesses with a value in excess of $10bn in under 10 years
- To demonstrate your skills working on a range of high-impact & high-value projects
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning with room for personal growth & direct exposure to senior business leaders
- Working with a fun, energetic & supportive team
- Get access to our staff discount 70% of HelloFresh Boxes
Start date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
Location: Based in our Chippendale Head Office
We are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To put it simply, everyone is welcome at our table.