Genius is searching for a Media Planning Manager to support our ever-evolving pre-sale process.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, & Ariana Grandecome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, & follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, & Youtube.
- Oversee the build-out of a media planning department to support the RFP process
- Manage, train & develop a team of 1-2 media planning strategists with a strong focus on motivating & retaining talent
- Create, adapt & implement internal processes & best practices across all teams to ensure clear communication
- Update & maintain the Genius Rate card & Agency Rate cards
- Build strategic media plans & complete accompanying spec sheets in both Genius & client templates
- Construct comprehensive internal budget sheets for all RFP inquiries
- Pull inventory using our GAM to accurately forecast availability
- Work with internal & agency data & analytics teams for insights to ensure all media campaigns & initiatives position Genius effectively based on historical performance & data
- Review all IO details to ensure consistency from initial media plan submission & execution feasibility
- Collaborate with post-sales teams on campaign implementation & IO revisions
- Develop & build collaborative relationships with Sales Management, Sales Marketing, Branded Content, Finance, Legal, Experiential & Technology to ensure the highest level of on-going support
- Serve as the main point of escalation for any Media Planning functions or issues
- 1+ year of Management experience
- 2-3 years of experience in Media Planning at either a Publisher or Agency
- Strong Knowledge of Mediaocean Prisma for Sellers
- Advertising Operations experience with Third-Party Ad Serving platforms/Rich Media providers (OAS, DFP/DFA/DART, Atlas, PointRoll, Eyeblaster, Eyewonder, Sizmek, IAS, Double-Verify, MOAT)
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively under tight deadlines & pressure
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint / Keynote skills
- Versed in digital & social media programs/extensions
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours, when necessary