Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, weve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And were not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a self driven person to help usbuild, maintain, & oversee our IT function. This person will work strategically with our IT & Devops team to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, technical person who can manage day-to-day operations & provide tech support to end users across the organization. This person should be comfortable multi-tasking, able to maintain high attention to detail, & be resourceful as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support OS X & Windows users (e.g. software installs & VPN troubleshooting)
- Provision, manage, & repair of employee's laptops
- Enforce best practices of office IT security
- Provision & support of VOIP telephony & telepresence equipment
- Support wired & wireless networks
- Create documentation for frequently asked questions
- Asset management & procurement
- 2-3 Years Experience
- Familiar with Active Directory
- Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets, Firewalls)
- Preference for those who have worked in companies that require compliance
- Fluent in English (Orally & Written)
- Able to write & maintain documentation
- Familiar with Help Desk ticketing systems
- Preference for those who have worked with overseas IT offices in the past
- Basic AWS Experience preferred
Bonus Points for:
- Command line proficiency
- Passion for open source software
- Familiarity with the tenets of Unix philosophy
- Knowledge of identity management/authentication systems (LDAP/Radius)
- Comfortable communicating with & managing remote offices
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.