WHO WE ARE
The People Team is responsible for building & supporting a diverse team. Were accountable to the full BARK team for ensuring an inclusive, dog-centric environment where everyone can do their best work. This includes recruiting, human resources, employee experience, payroll & benefits, people analytics, IT & more. We work collaboratively, efficiently, & humbly to ensure BARK as a whole is set up for success, whether that means keeping the cold brew keg full or navigating BARK through a global pandemic.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced talent & diversity executive who can lead our Recruiting organization through this next phase of BARKs growth (and beyond!). The VP of Talent Acquisition & Diversity will partner with the Chief People Officer, senior leadership & Diversity & Inclusion groups to develop & execute a hiring strategy in alignment with our other business goals, while also managing a team of fast-paced, high performing, dog loving recruiters. The ideal candidate has a strong point of view on the strategy around building a diverse, top performing team & will lead BARK in continuing to raise the bar on what it means to be an inclusive & diverse workplace.
- Lead, grow, & inspire a strong, diverse, team of technical & non-technical recruiters to successfully execute on high growth hiring plans.
- Partner with senior leadership to understand current & anticipated business goals & translate those to team design, hiring needs, & strategy.
- Develop & maintain a deep understanding of BARKs business, the market, & emerging trends.
- Use market knowledge & talent mapping to make strategic recommendations on location growth (nationally & internationally).
- Lead with data, analytics & insights to drive operational improvements to support our rapid growth.
- Enable hiring managers & the talent team to be involved, committed & accountable to ensuring a fair & equitable recruiting experience for all.
- Build, lead & maintain diversity specific sourcing practices across a range of programs/events.
- Own & manage budget associated with Talent Acquisition (i.e. job boarding, agency spend, contractors, etc..)
- Report on talent acquisition metrics to the management team on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Develop & foster strong relationships with external community & professional groups locally, nationally & globally, focused on improving diversity representation & inclusive workplace cultures within corporations.
- 8-12 years of experience within the recruiting field, working in a high growth environment.
- 6+ years of hands on, full cycle recruiting experience, including creative sourcing strategies.
- 5+ years leading recruiting teams, preferably across tech & non tech.
- 3+ years leading & executing on diversity initiatives within Recruiting.
- Experience managing a budget & developing a strategy of in-house & agency based recruiting talent.
- Experience talent mapping different locations, both nationally & internationally.
- Demonstrated awareness & understanding of multiple dimensions of identity including (but not limited to): race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, generational sexual orientation, ability, linguistic, professional, & other differences that make us unique.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proactive & innovative sourcing tactics, with focus on diversity.
- Ability to build positive, productive relationships with hiring managers.
- Proficiency with ATS, CRM & other related platforms (Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter highly preferred).
- Must love dogs or at least be a professed enemy of squirrels.