The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source the business itself no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, & businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent & drive digital discovery, engagement, & revenue all from a single source of truth. Yexts mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Systems Engineer - Databases to join our Infrastructure Team. Databases are a core technology underlying the Yext platform. We're seeking an experienced database administrator/engineer for a key role in expanding our database environment to suit the company's rapid growth.
- Provide high-level guidance on database architecture & operations
- Design, implement & operate our database infrastructure
- Provide architectural & operational guidance to Systems Engineers
- Advise Software Engineers on best practices & optimizations
- Utilize and/or develop automation tools
- Plan for capacity requirements in a growing environment
- Develop policies for full system lifecycles across all stacks
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- 7+ years of experience
- Extensive MySQL experience, preferably both in cloud & on-premise
- Proven experience influencing technical decisions
- Experience with complex replication topologies
- Some experience writing software that utilizes databases
- Strong knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible & Terraform
- Linux administration including scripting (bash/python)
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of cloud technologies & cloud infrastructure, including networking
- Some experience with other data-layer technologies, such as Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, Go, Ruby, C)
- Strong understanding of software development practices
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, or similar college level education
- Web Serving (haproxy/nginx/apache/etc.)
- A background in security
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Service location systems
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo & the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.