Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management & technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 27 buildings, 6 cities, & over 800 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 3,000 new member applications per week.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder BradHargreaves & has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is looking for a field operations recruiter who will be responsible for supporting all sourcing & hiring needs for our Home Operations Team. As a recruiter on the People Ops Team, you will support all of our field hiring managers in ensuring we are bringing in the best talent across all of our locations across the U.S. You will be sourcing for all field roles such as Leasing Specialists, Inside Sales Representatives, Porters, Supers, & Maintenance Workers. A successful candidate will be someone who has sourced for a highly distributed workforce with a focus on bringing in the best candidates to run our operations.
- Assist managers with full-scope recruitment including sourcing, resume screening, scheduling interviews, soliciting feedback, managing candidates & coordinating offers for all of our field roles
- Manage candidate flow through Greenhouse, our applicant tracking system
- Develop & create job descriptions, interview plans, & offer letters
- Serve as the primary point of contact for engaged candidates
- Create an incredible candidate experience through all stages of the recruitment process
- Identify talent & job boards in new markets for all of our field roles
- Work closely with department heads & other internal stakeholders to secure the talent needed
- Regularly communicate information such as candidate pipelines, recruiting funnel metrics, & performance data to internal stakeholders
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time & based on business needs
- 3+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally in a startup or agency environment
- Previous experience sourcing for a highly-distributed workforce
- Previous success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage & hire amazing talent
- Comfort handling a robust pipeline of candidates for field hires across multiple searches
- Experience with recruitment tools (LinkedIn, ATS, Boolean searches, etc.)
- Successful track record managing tight deadlines, multiple stakeholders & high work volume
- A team player with a can do attitude
- BA/BS Degree
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) & a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.