At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
You will play an integral part of the BayWheels Bike Share expansion by assisting in the development, QC & revision of a variety of technical inputs in the site permitting process. You will play a hybrid role assisting the Site Design Manager in a variety of drafting, QC & revision activities. Outputs you will be assisting with include, but are not limited to: site measurements, site renderings, 3D aerial imagery, workzone mock-ups, bikeshare station analysis tracking & work zone mock-ups.
The Bike Share Planner will also assist in the on-going planning of stations in the BayWheels System by conducting field visits & gathering site intelligence & measurements. The Bike Share Planner will work under the guidance & supervision of the Site Design Manager as part of the greater expansion team reporting to the Market Manager for Lyft Bikes & Scooter.
- Contribute to the planning of proposed service areas through geospatial data analysis, research & dynamic map creation
- Conduct desktop assessments, field visits, & field measurements to support new stations as well as network maintenance, as requested
- Work cross-functionally with the outreach team through the planning & execution of public & private requests for deactivations, re-installations and/or relocations
- Collaborate with Outreach Coordinators to present options & communicate effectively with residents & neighbors throughout the site selection process
- Proactively propose alternate configurations & identify new locations based on internal & external feedback
- Craft communicative print maps, site-specific wayfinding & other visual tools to facilitate collaboration with non-planners, elected & city agency staff
- Maintain station databases, web-based planning & collaboration tools
- Produce detailed record-keeping of your analyses & site review history
- Build & nurture relationships with the city to support & streamline existing sitting, permitting & network maintenance
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, public policy, GIS, environmental studies, transportation management, or a related field
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (including Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Acrobat Professional & InDesign)
- Experience in AutoCAD, ArcGIS or qGIS optional. Portfolio submissions may be requested to evaluate skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate about biking, bikeshare, active transportation or sustainable urban development
- Experience in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, public policy, GIS, environmental studies, transportation
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.