BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the storage infrastructure is running smoothly within the customers data center operations environment.
The Resident Storage Engineer is responsible for monitoring & supporting the existing Pure Storage infrastructure at a customer account. The resident administrator must be able to operate with direct supervision from our customers & they must be pro-active members of the operations teams.
The individual must be well organized & a self-starter with strong follow-through & problem solving skills. This is an enterprise class position & the candidate must be capable of representing Pure Storage in the context of our customers operating model. The individual must have the following skills
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Management or experience with technical solutions for support data migrations is a plus
- Data center moves/migrations/consolidations
- Networking infrastructure
- Data center relocation tools & technologies
- Data center migration implementations for block & file share data
- Knowledge of VMware
- Experience with technical solutions for support data migrations
- Strong verbal & written communication skills to exchange information with team members, systems administrators, Pure Storage management, & the customer.
- Able to work with a customers technical representatives under a variety of circumstances to understand their requirements.
- Able to collaborate & share knowledge with Pure Storage technical team members & managers.
- Able to learn quickly & stay focused on the task at hand.
- Maintain composure & professionalism under challenging circumstances.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in IT operations (preferably a storage related discipline).
- Networking & Fiber Channel experience.
- ITIL V3 foundation certified preferred
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.