Ticketing is a complex, historically opaque industry with a unique set of challenges. At SeatGeek, we aim to open ticketing with fresh technology, thoughtful interfaces, & an above-all-else focus on our users.
As a UX Researcher at SeatGeek, you'll become an essential part of our product team, helping us better understand our users needs, motivations, & pain points to ensure were doing as much as we can to make fans happier & push the industry forward. You'll report to our Director of Product Design & collaborate with designers, product managers, & the engineering team.
What Youll Do
- Rely on quantitative & qualitative research methodologies to help us better understand users
- Distill & communicate research results to both specific teams & SeatGeek at large to help magnify the impact of the findings
- Document & track learnings gathered through testing & research so insights can easily be referenced & applied for future projects
- Promote tools & best practices to empower product managers, designers & developers to conduct research
- Collaborate to prioritize research opportunities in a rapidly changing environment
- Build empathy across the organization to help us stay true to our consumer advocate company values as we grow
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of working as a UX Researcher at a startup or similarly fast-paced technology company
- You have experience with common research methodologies such as usability studies, 1:1 interviews, benchmark studies, surveys, etc.
- You are comfortable quantifying research result
- You have integrated & expedited user research into a product design & development process without being a bottleneck
- You clearly synthesize findings in an engaging & inspiring manner
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to encourage collaboration & company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches & Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, & external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, & meditation services
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute & we welcome the differences & benefits that a diverse culture brings.