Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
Overall responsibility for performing duties & assisting management within the engineering operation of a fulfillment & distribution environment. Individuals are expected to understand all aspects of the operation, adhere to safety standards & meet production guidelines.
- Perform repetitive movements (eg. climbing ladders), reaching, bending, push/pull bins, repetitive wrist movement, be stationary, mobile or physically active for entirety of the shift
- Work under pressure while meeting immediate goals, deadlines, standards & expectations
- Comply & meet standard operating procedures
- Accountable for personal time & attendance
- Communicate & cooperate with team members & leadership
- Take on additional duties as assigned by leadership
- Responsible for maintaining safety guidelines, cleanliness & security standards
- Restock supplies as needed
- Identify & surface issues to leadership in a timely fashion
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Intermediate computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, google docs) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner)
- Ability to work quickly, accurately & safely while using machinery (eg. sewing machine, pressing machine, cleaning machine)
- Ability to understand, follow & execute written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to analyze, problem solve & make decisions independently
- Must operate with a sense of urgency, & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Must be self-disciplined & have the ability to work independently without constant oversight
- Familiarity with warehouse systems & ability to use all warehouse software
- Ability to differentiate colors in garments
- Experience in a dry cleaning operation is a plus
Additional Technical Distinctions
- Conducts proper use, maintenance, tests & repairs of mechanical equipment, systems & components
- Applies knowledge of electrical / electronic & mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions & mechanical support
- Applies skills in restoring equipment to operational status including but not limited to dry cleaning equipment, boilers, chillers, generators, air compressors, steam tunnels, finishing equipment, auto baggers, conveyance, sorters
- 5 years of trade experience in one or more of the following areas: plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, HVAC, or electrical controls
- Black seal boiler license & refrigeration license a plus
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.