About the Team
The Retail team is a critical function that drives the Harrys brand strategy & growth with our US Based retail partnerships. The Retail team is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions Merchandising, Planning, Marketing, Operations & Store Execution. As Harrys continues to develop as a Mens Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of expansion.
About the Role
The Retail Customer Development Manager will play a critical role in cultivating meaningful relationships, both internal & external, to unlock new financial opportunities. This customer-facing position will be responsible for managing a portion of our club channel partnership, developing thoughtful strategies to take our business to the next level. Additionally, this position will play an important role in navigating complex project plans in conjunction with R&D & Distribution to deliver on time against existing & new timelines.
What you will accomplish:
- Achieve Annual Operating Plan goals & objectives, optimizing opportunities to exceed revenue targets.
- Build & lead strategic relationships with the merchant teams (local & remote) to develop cohesive annual joint business plans.
- Project captain new cross-functional initiatives, developing detailed project plans that lead to smooth & successful launch experiences
- Collaborate with broader merchant teams & cross-functional partners to unlock logistical efficiencies & deliver superior products to market.
- Manage performance metrics in partnership with the Sales & Operations Planning team to inform financial forecast & inventory planning decisions across the organization.
- Be a thought-partner to the team, sharing insights & expertise across departments to aid in current & future decisions.
This should describe you:
- You have 5-7+ years of industry-specific experience in the retail or consumer products field in a client facing role.
- Self-starter, youll be involved in many firsts & you should have an innate desire to problem solve to achieve goals.
- Commercially savvy, your work is always customer first, but you never neglect larger company objectives.
- Builder, you master existing processes with ease, but also has the will to suggest logical & meaningful improvements to benefit the business.
- Detail oriented, you live by the mantra: no task is too small & meticulously manage your own priorities to ensure best in class service is provided.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the channel Director of Sales
- Working in which team Retail Sales Team
- You'll work most closely with key customer contacts, R&D, S&OP, Sourcing, Finance, Marketing
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.