Joining the Publishing Copyright department in our London office, the primary role of the UK Copyright Assistant will be to assist in managing our catalogue in the UK by ensuring works & agreements are registered correctly at the UK collection society (PRS for Music). The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills when dealing with general enquiries from internal & external sources & can deal with pressure but remain optimistic & persistent to complete tasks accurately & efficiently.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over50,000 artists & songwriters & 800 labels & publishing companies.Through Kobalt technology & services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, & maintain ownership & control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, & monetized.With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal & app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work & activity.
Were currently over 600 people based across 13 offices & were expecting to grow. Thats where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today & tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring works & agreements are registered correctly at collection societies
- Dealing with general enquiries regarding our claims to works & the terms of our publishing agreements
- Handling song disputes & duplicate claims
- Processing new works & agreements as the company acquires rights to new catalogues
- Processing royalty statements received from collection societies
- Analysing the royalties received to identify possible underpayment or delayed payment, & working with the societies to resolve these issues
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally & externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Track record of excellent organization & prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy & a detail-driven mind-set
- High level of written & spoken English
- Analytical skills as well as experience working with Excel
Previous admin & copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is highly desirable.
In 2017, Kobalt was named Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK) & has won the Independent Music Publisher Award eight consecutive times. Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year & in 2014 our industry leading Portal web application won the "Innovation in Publishing" award at the MusicAlly awards.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
AWAL x Forbes
AWAL x Billboard
Music Week - The Music Industrys Best Friend
Music Business Worldwide We are Building for the Future of the Music Business
Economist - Disrupters
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process & a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas & New Years when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health & Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise 45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning & development you will have access to a range of tools & courses appropriate to your role & career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business & Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub & Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events & parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net payover a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.