KATERRA is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRAs cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Responsible for overseeing, designing & controlling the production-manufacturing business operations. The primary role is to ensure the companys products, plant & processes align with corporate business goals & objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the production activities & achieving production targets in quality, productivity, efficiency, safety, cost control, & staff development. Directs teams in effectively managing each respective department. Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and/or company policy & procedures.
- Right-size capacity with an emphasis on maximizing efficiency & profitability, through analyzing forecasts of demand, then translating into capacity requirements, & putting processes in place to ensure our customers & business needs are achieved.
- Improve production manufacturing processes for the purpose of improving overall quality, reducing lead-times & lowering overall costs of operations by using Lean Manufacturing, 6S, Kaizen, Six Sigma & Total Quality Management applications where necessary.
- Improve operator training processes using tested & measured Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Develop new procedures where none exist & ensure all employees operate to developed standards on a consistent basis.
- Incorporates best Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems & other production activity control techniques to reduce excess inventory, overtime, labor & other waste streams.
- Provides sound leadership, coaching, mentoring & direction for personnel development, morale improvement, & staff organization.
- Manages employee selection, training, performance evaluations, documentations, salary & termination processes. Maintains a positive, proactive labor environment.
- Establishes & maintains a safe work environment through ensuring compliance of OSHA & other Government safety rules & regulations, conducting internal safety meetings & develops safety awareness programs, along with periodic safety training.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have experience managing production in a high volume 32mm cabinetry company or 32mm flat panel processing (store fixtures, millwork, office furniture).
- Must have a good working knowledge of flat panel products (melamine, plywood, MDF, high pressure laminate) such as grades & quality.
- Must have a good working knowledge of flat panel processing equipment for example beam saw, edge banders, horizonal boring, Skippers, & case clamps.
- Must have some knowledge of stone countertop production equipment for example waterjet, robotic arm saw, & automatic edge polishers.
- Any knowledge with 2020 shop floor management tools would be excellent.
- Any knowledge with KCMA certification would be excellent.
- Must be familiar with inventory protocols & management.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive, high performance work teams
- Ability to anticipate, identify, & solve difficult problems in a timely manner
- Strong Lean, Six Sigma, & 5S experience
- Working knowledge of business measurement systems / KPIs
- Working knowledge of Industrial Safety & Environmental Regulations
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments.
- Bachelors degree in manufacturing or similar field preferred, may consider relevant work experience if it was in the wood cabinetry, case good or architectural millwork industry.
- 5-7 years of strong manufacturing experience
- Experience in managing medium-to-large high production environments.
- Experience in training, budgeting, time management & human relations skills required.
- English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written, verbal & presentation skills) & maintain a professional level of interaction with all members of the company to deliver timely & accurate information.
- Must be computer literate & proficient in Microsoft Office applications & ERP Systems like SAP, 2020 suite, Biesse works, Blue Cell, or related production software.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.