Hi We're Oscar.
Oscar is a new kind of insurer: we want to understand how the healthcare system works & develop ways to help our members navigate it more efficiently. We rely on a data-infused approach, deep clinical expertise, & a touch of creative insight to untangle complex health care cost problems.
About the Role:
The Pharmacy Team is responsible for developing, coordinating, & executing a company approach for the Oscar prescription drug benefit. As the Pharmaceutical Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving execution with the appropriate Oscar teams (e.g. network, data science, product, population health) & being one of the primary points of coordination with our pharmacy benefits manager for all commercial lines of business. The role will combine leadership in project execution with ongoing operational process improvement, partner relationship management & capability building.
During your first six weeks:
- Quickly develop an informed view of Oscars current pharmacy benefit offering & operations - both internal & vendor delivered.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, understanding how their work fits into the big picture.
Moving forward, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become the single point of integration within Oscar for all pharmaceutical related operations including: product development, operations, & contracting decisions.
- Interface with Oscar business leads to drive discussions that relate to pharmaceutical benefits, ensuring work stays on track & removing roadblocks as they arise.
- Contribute to key decision making & planning related to pharmacy activities & with direction from senior leadership represent the Oscar Pharmaceuticals Team internally & externally.
- Develop pharmaceutical industry subject matter expertise & become one of the companys go-to resource for pharmaceutical related needs.
We have no hard criteria in terms of prior experience; however, we are looking for people with a strong analytical background & operational experience, possibly in healthcare, finance, or consulting. In this role, you will be primarily working with data science, operations, & product teams. Your background should ideally include 4-5+ years of professional experience & most of the following:
- Building relationships - know how to manage across levels, personalities & working styles. Staying flexible but holding people accountable.
- Comfort with new languages - pharmaceutical & healthcare terminology dont scare you.
- Project management - youre excited about complex projects with long timelines, multiple dependencies, & unforeseen challenges. You get into the weeds to understand how a system/process works & constantly track down ways it can fail.
- An engineering mindset - you know how to think systematically about problems, never ad hoc.
- Explaining why - translating complex topics (medical & non-medical) with simple language, in writing & presentations.
- Asking why - you enjoy the hard work of asking questions, probing assumptions, & diving deep into narrow topics to understand why.
- Startup oriented - have a strong sense of urgency, a bias for action, thrive in fast paced environments & are excited by the challenge of building the tools & processes you need to do your job well.
- Healthcare & pharmaceuticals oriented - familiarity with the industries Oscar operates in or an interest to learn more.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.