Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational & business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected & managed & that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, & your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
This position requires a CPA/CPA eligible candidate capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing & fluid organization. This position will be directly responsible for revenue recognition & will work closely with the Sales, Data Analytics, & Engineering Teams. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized & skilled at communication & problem solving, as well as possess excellent written & oral communication skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will adapt quickly to change & will strengthen our revenue process to scale with the Companys long term goals. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Accounting.
What Youll Be Doing
- Ensure monthly close deliverables related to Revenue Recognition are completed accurately & timely, including reconciling, reviewing, & preparing journal entries for various accounts including: accounts receivable, revenue, deferred revenue, bad debt reserve, etc.
- Ownership of billing & collections for our managed services segment.
- Implement improvements to the existing revenue recognition process in order to ensure the accuracy & completeness of the financial statements & improve efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Billing Engineering & Data & Analytics teams to improve analytical insights & maintain proper controls for the billings & revenue recognition process.
- Participate in NetSuite ERP enhancements as it relates to order to cash process.
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Assist in establishing & maintaining internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures & controls.
- Assist with external audit.
- Assisting with ad-hoc analyses & strategic company wide projects.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA/CPA eligible with experience preferably with public/private mix
- High attention to detail & strong organization skills
- Ability to function independently & effectively in a self-directed environment
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership, show initiative & provide structure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy, strong work ethic & ownership of tasks required
- Experience with billing systems, Salesforce, & NetSuite highly preferred
- Experience implementing ASC 606 advantage
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!