Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the worlds first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry & inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is seeking a highly strategic, action oriented Sr. Manager to join the Office of the CEO. In this dynamic & highly visible position, you will support the Chief of Staff & CEO / Co-Founder in the most impactful projects throughout the business. You will lead internal & external efforts that support the research, development & execution of highly strategic growth & brand initiatives, business model innovations, fundraising & investor relations, corporate development & communications for the company. You will report directly to the Sr. Director / Chief of Staff to Jenn Hyman. With a recent $100 million investment from Ares Capital, Rent the Runway is poised for a second founding moment post COVID & is gearing up for a year of critical business acceleration within the circular economy.
What Youll Do:
- Lead strategic projects related to business development & innovation on behalf of the Office of the CEO, acting as an internal liaison cross functionally & an external representative
- Support leadership in the creation of new & evolved business strategies & corporate development initiatives that enable short & long term business objectives, analyzing opportunities & determining cost/benefit analysis, projected ROI, etc.
- Develop & share market & industry research, trend reports, & competitive insights / intelligence, presenting findings to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
- Own the creation of materials, research & follow up for meetings & projects on behalf of the Office of the CEO, including board meetings, company all-hands meetings, fundraising, investor communications & external c-level conversations
- Act as a conduit for internal company communication, working with the PR/Communications & People teams in support of culture building initiatives, events & talent development opportunities
- Develop & maintain a robust project management system for the Office of the CEO to successfully track new & existing projects
- Build effective internal relationships with key stakeholders in core functions such as marketing, PR, product, finance, operations, etc. in order to partner on cross functional projects & drive alignment
- BA & 5+ years of relevant experience (consulting, finance, investing or highly strategic & analytical roles); MBA preferred
- You have an innate sense of curiosity & desire to solve problems, work hard, & take action
- You enjoy leading & working with cross-functional teams
- You have strong presentation skills, both in creation of simplified narratives for complex messages & data visualization or illustrations for operational data, technical solutions, & complicated business processes
- You possess a strong attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the big picture & are innately able to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders
- You have proven ability to manage multifaceted projects to meet objectives, while balancing & prioritizing across multiple projects
- You possess exceptional project management skills & a commitment to understanding & delivering on objectives
- You bring a do whatever it takes attitude & are ready to jump in; no task is too big or too small
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.